• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will this be the season that the Halos finally lose 100 games or more?

This team is really bad. I wonder where do they go from here. Who do u trade maybe Ward maybe Detmers. Other value on team a few BP pieces but they are just rentals. Feel bad Washington at his age with a team this bad. Nothing in minors to bring up and help and poor Trout stuck with this team for another what 6 or 7 years. 

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

This team is really bad. I wonder where do they go from here. Who do u trade maybe Ward maybe Detmers. Other value on team a few BP pieces but they are just rentals. Feel bad Washington at his age with a team this bad. Nothing in minors to bring up and help and poor Trout stuck with this team for another what 6 or 7 years. 

Trout is part of the problem. My pity for him has passed. 

10 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Why in the world would they trade Detmers? 

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

Next off season will have to rebuild BP plus need 2 to 3 starters plus 4 or 5 position players. So many needs with an owner who will not spend and a horrible minor league system. 

And some of those positions will be filled by the trades they make at the deadline. 
As of now, the needs are exactly what they were this off season, plus replace Drury.  The only thing that changed (as of today) is the emergence of Adell. 

58 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

This team is years away from becoming even a 500 team.

Hoping they won't surpass Pittsburgh's 20 straight losing seasons. Please don't let that happen!

Get out, Arte, and enjoy your billions in profit. Reorganize this franchise, top to bottom, and build a decent farm. I can take a 5-10 yr rebuild, but not decades of futility. I'm too old for that. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

And some of those positions will be filled by the trades they make at the deadline. 
As of now, the needs are exactly what they were this off season, plus replace Drury.  The only thing that changed (as of today) is the emergence of Adell. 

Will they and who do u trade? Estevez not bringing back an everyday player. What I'm saying Angels do not have much to trade. Detmers and Ward will be only players to bring back anything decent. This team will not compete next year.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

I agree that it’s time to rebuild. As IP said in another thread, they’re “rebuilding-ish,” right now. That said, young, cost-controlled SP is essential. I think Detmers is a guy the team should build around. Trading Ward and Anderson should definitely be explored when the deadline comes around, as those are most likely going to be their best trading chips.

1 minute ago, Jeremiah said:

I agree that it’s time to rebuild. As IP said in another thread, they’re “rebuilding-ish,” right now. That said, young, cost-controlled SP is essential. I think Detmers is a guy the team should build around. Trading Ward and Anderson should definitely be explored when the deadline comes around, as those are most likely going to be their best trading chips.

I just hope Anderson continues to pitch well. When is Detmers a FA.

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Will they and who do u trade? Estevez not bringing back an everyday player. What I'm saying Angels do not have much to trade. Detmers and Ward will be only players to bring back anything decent. This team will not compete next year.

They’ll trade Drury, if he’s playing well he could bring back a AAA bullpen arm or 4th outfielder with options.  They’ll trade Estevez, Moore and any other reliever pitching well.  They could trade Rengifo, but I doubt it, they could trade Anderson as well. Most will bring back what Drury would and probably more. 

In another year, Trout might make a more attractive trade chip. Of course he'll be one year older and if his offensive production really declines, then we're probably stuck with him. His current home runs are exciting but they're almost all solo shots. His batting average is abysmal, for Trout. 

If we actually trade him (he must approve it) what can we really get in return? More uncertain prospects? He brings fans in too, and the bottom line is important for a floundering team.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

They’ll trade Drury, if he’s playing well he could bring back a AAA bullpen arm or 4th outfielder with options.  They’ll trade Estevez, Moore and any other reliever pitching well.  They could trade Rengifo, but I doubt it, they could trade Anderson as well. Most will bring back what Drury would and probably more. 

Drury, Estevez and Moore not getting u much as rentals. Drury and Moore need to play better to have any value. Anderson and Ward have some value.

Just now, fan_since79 said:

In another year, Trout might make a more attractive trade chip. Of course he'll be one year older and if his offensive production really declines, then we're probably stuck with him. His current home runs are exciting but they're almost all solo shots. His batting average is abysmal, for Trout. 

If we actually trade him (he must approve it) what can we really get in return? More uncertain prospects? He brings fans in too, and the bottom line is important for a floundering team.

No one is going to take his contract for any sort of deal that makes any amount of sense for the Angels. I don't know why people can't understand this. 

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

Drury, Estevez and Moore not getting u much as rentals. Drury and Moore need to play better to have any value. Anderson and Ward have some value.

They can bring back mlb depth which the team lacks.