• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict the next roster move(s)

It's pretty clear that they have to do something after tonight's game.  If it doesn't involve DFA'ing Suarez, I'd be surprised.  Kenny Rosenberg just pitched on Thursday, so he probably wouldn't be added to the roster.  I think Wantz is still on the injured list?  So likely not him.  Amir Garrett just pitched last night.  Could be him in theory.  Tyler Thomas hasn't pitched in a few days, so he should be fresh.

Thoughts?  And does anyone think there might be other moves made?

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

It's pretty clear that they have to do something after tonight's game.  If it doesn't involve DFA'ing Suarez, I'd be surprised.  Kenny Rosenberg just pitched on Thursday, so he probably wouldn't be added to the roster.  I think Wantz is still on the injured list?  So likely not him.  Amir Garrett just pitched last night.  Could be him in theory.  Tyler Thomas hasn't pitched in a few days, so he should be fresh.

Thoughts?  And does anyone think there might be other moves made?

Suarez and Hicks gone, Amir and Paris up.  

Just now, Stradling said:

I almost made the Hicks/Paris prediction, but Paris has been SO BAD this year that they might not bring him up even though he's on the 40-man and they need IF depth. He's hitting .085 so far, with 29 K in 59 AB.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

I almost made the Hicks/Paris prediction, but Paris has been SO BAD this year that they might not bring him up even though he's on the 40-man and they need IF depth. He's hitting .085 so far, with 29 K in 59 AB.

He’s on the 40 man which is why I made the prediction. 

Just now, Stradling said:

He’s on the 40 man which is why I made the prediction. 

But if you drop both Suarez and Hicks, you'd clear two spots on the 40-man. Garrett would take one, so you could add someone else if you wanted to--though as I've said elsewhere, the options at AAA are sickening. 

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

image.gif

DFA Suraez and Cisnero

Call up Garret and Erla

Thaiss needs to play more against righties, while splitting time between 1st/Dh/c 

Put Sano on the Il. it's not going to be a quick fix.

Rendon to the 60 day il

bring up Wallace as back-up Catcher. 

give trout a day off

Move Adell to the lead-off spot and rengifo to the 3-hole.

2 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

DFA Suraez and Cisnero

Call up Garret and Erla

Thaiss needs to play more against righties, while splitting time between 1st/Dh/c 

Put Sano on the Il. it's not going to be a quick fix.

Rendon to the 60 day il

bring up Wallace as back-up Catcher. 

give trout a day off

Move Adell to the lead-off spot and rengifo to the 3-hole.

So you think Erla's handful of innings as a reliever this season outweigh his absolute shitshow of a year last year? I'd be shocked if they added him to the 40-man or active roster any time soon. 

37 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

This shouldn’t even be a thought processed by anyone with the Angels.

What an embarrassment that’d be if they option Soriano after one bad start, while keeping a bunch of bad pitchers (Cisnero, Suarez, Fulmer).

It’d be a stupid move and send an awful message to the clubhouse and fans.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

What makes you guys think Hicks could get DFAd and Paris get called up? Sano’s injury?

I don’t see them cutting Hicks this early.

32 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Cisnero and Suarez both need to go.  They can option Soriano, if they want to.  I’d like to see them do that, then bring him back in 15 days as a reliever.  He hasn’t been consistent as a starter, but he’s dominant as a reliever.  

I admittedly didn’t watch today’s game, but:

Soriano’s 1st start, he got screwed by bad luck/defense. He was fine after the weird 1st inning where the ball kept pin-balling everywhere and Thaiss couldn’t locate the ball.

His 2nd and 3rd starts were good.

His 4th was bad, it appears.

1 minute ago, BTH said:

What makes you guys think Hicks could get DFAd and Paris get called up? Sano’s injury?

I don’t see them cutting Hicks this early.

They don't need 5 OF, and, yeah, just more IF coverage if Sano's injury lingers. Though, as I just said in the Gameday Thread, Washington said Sano was available to at least hit tonight. 

12 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

So you think Erla's handful of innings as a reliever this season outweigh his absolute shitshow of a year last year? I'd be shocked if they added him to the 40-man or active roster any time soon. 

So, your just going to ignore the fact that he was a starter the previous few seasons?

He's 26, there no reason to keep him in the minors. Give him a shot and see what he can do! 

Just now, Vlad27Trout27 said:

So, your just going to ignore the fact that he was a starter the previous few seasons?

He's 26, there no reason to keep him in the minors. Give him a shot and see what he can do! 

No, I'm not ignoring the switch from starter to reliever. I'm simply saying that 6 good innings isn't enough to justify giving him a shot. 

2 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

it's not a bad idea, but Schanuel has not been able to drive the ball much. personally I prefer Adell, in the hope he can fit into a similar role as Betts and Acuna.

I guess it depends on what you want out of your leadoff hitter.

I’d prefer someone who can get on base ahead of the middle of the order.

He excelled in that spot last season, and I would’ve just left him in that spot to begin this season.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

No, I'm not ignoring the switch from starter to reliever. I'm simply saying that 6 good innings isn't enough to justify giving him a shot. 

Well, everyone has there own takes and for me after watching 2 of those 6 innings, I'd give him a shot