• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/26/24 on KCOP/Channel 13): Twins @ Angels: Sandoval on the mound, Drury at DH

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

In all seriousness, we should be able to expect Trout to come through in these moments 

Absolutely we should. How many times has he failed this season in this type of situation? There are three that I can think of right off the bat -- haha, something he should do, hit the @#*@& ball right off the bat and drive in some runs more times than not in this type of situation. 😬

2 minutes ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

Absolutely we should. How many times has he failed this season in this type of situation? There are three that I can think of right off the bat -- haha, something he should do, hit the @#*@& ball right off the bat and drive in some runs more times than not in this type of situation. 😬

He's now 0 for 8 in the 9th inning this season--but, yes, I believe this was the 3rd time he has made the last out when he was up in a situation where he could have tied or won the game.

Trout keeps saying he’s figuring it out, blah blah. The difference between his RISP and his regular at bats is huge. It’s sad to watch my favorite player of all time be so incredibly bad in big situations. Your best players are supposed to be a part of winning. He is historically bad in these situations. It’d hard to watch him let us down so badly. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

In all seriousness, we should be able to expect Trout to come through in these moments 

Expecting any batter to come through in a certain situation is absurd.  

Edited by ScottT

4 hours ago, ScottT said:

Expecting any batter to come through in a certain situation is absurd.  

I understand your point but Trout is the face of this franchise and getting paid a superstar salary. He continues to fail in these situations. Hell, a sacrifice fly would have been ok.