• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/13/24 1:10 Pacific): Angels @ Red Sox: Canning on the mound

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, No Roles said:

anthony rendon't 38 million dollars zero rbi's

No Roles, 736 posts and zero understanding how a RBI is created. 

Rendon the last 5 games .364/.417/.455/.871. Maybe if Zack Net-0 didn't end or clear the bases in so many innings Rendon would have a chance to knock someone in. 

25 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Rendon the last 5 games .364/.417/.455/.871. Maybe if Zack Net-0 didn't end or clear the bases in so many innings Rendon would have a chance to knock someone in. 

Apologist.
This is a joke and not meant to start mod wars. 

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

last time I checked a 38 million dollar player was capable of hitting at least a solo hr?

On 4/13/2024 at 1:53 PM, Erstad Grit said:

Something something Blake Snell only goes 5

Blake Snell has a higher ERA than anyone on the Angels currently.  Obviously it won’t end the season like that but the track record for starting pitchers missing spring training is bad. 

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Blake Snell has a higher ERA than anyone on the Angels currently.  Obviously it won’t end the season like that but the track record for starting pitchers missing spring training is bad. 

Both times someone has brought him up this year he's gone on to shit the bed in his start.  Two starts, 7 IP total. Not sure I get why anyone is still acting like the Angels missed out on something.  Unless he gets hurt he'll be available again this winter with no draft compensation. 

11 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Both times someone has brought him up this year he's gone on to shit the bed in his start.  Two starts, 7 IP total. Not sure I get why anyone is still acting like the Angels missed out on something.  Unless he gets hurt he'll be available again this winter with no draft compensation. 

He may not be available this coming winter if he pitches like shit. 

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

He may not be available this coming winter if he pitches like shit. 

I think it's pretty safe he can do better than what he has on the table, even with a bad year.  Half his 2025 salary is deferred until 2027, so unless he blows his arm out I'd expect he tests FA again.  He's not getting any younger and long term deals offer the greatest amount of security for the player.

Bellinger, the other guy people were rushing to lose a draft pick on is currently being outperformed by Rendon. He's actually seen some improvement in predictive data while seeing his actual results not be anywhere near what they were last year.  Too early to come to any conclusions but that worrisome noise in the batted ball data from last year has been pretty loud early on.

On the other side of the spectrum, I've seen people shitting all over Vlady Jr early on...  If there is a poster boy for being on the wrong side of luck early on it's him. 

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

On the other side of the spectrum, I've seen people shitting all over Vlady Jr early on...  If there is a poster boy for being on the wrong side of luck early on it's him. 

Career wise Jr and Sr have very good April campaigns, their OPS in the .900 zone. The difference between dad and son is Jr fades in September and bats in the .780 zone while Sr cranked it up to .950.

My guess is by the end of the month Jr will drag his ass out of this slump but it won't look like it on the monthly report card. He is only 25 and coming off a down year but my guess he's going to adjust to what the pitchers found as his weakness and then it's back to MVP conversation play. 

I would still like to see him on the Angels. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Career wise Jr and Sr have very good April campaigns, their OPS in the .900 zone. The difference between dad and son is Jr fades in September and bats in the .780 zone while Sr cranked it up to .950.

My guess is by the end of the month Jr will drag his ass out of this slump but it won't look like it on the monthly report card. He is only 25 and coming off a down year but my guess he's going to adjust to what the pitchers found as his weakness and then it's back to MVP conversation play. 

I would still like to see him on the Angels. 

His April has been crazy.  He's putting up some career high numbers in batted ball categories, absolutely torching the ball but getting nothing to show for it.  So you've got the people that read the triple slash stats asking whats wrong with him while anyone that's watched him play and actually gets it is asking what he has to do to buy a hit...

While we are at it -- check out Miguel Sano

image.png

People lumping him with Hicks are dolts.

Hicks may have played himself out of the lineup. His dreadful plate appearances coupled with that off balanced stumbling backwards grab in right field on an easy fly ball, may have convinced Washington to give Adell more playing time. If Jo can get a good game in today it may lock him into more time with Hicks being the 3rd guy off the bench. 

6 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

he seems to have gone from perennial all star/mvp candidate to "oh yeah, i forgot about him" way too quickly.

EDIT: "His April has been crazy.  He's putting up some career high numbers in batted ball categories, absolutely torching the ball but getting nothing to show for it.  So you've got the people that read the triple slash stats asking whats wrong with him while anyone that's watched him play and actually gets it is asking what he has to do to buy a hit..."

saw this after i posted so i'm updating. thanks for posting this. we've been watching the halos, dodgers, and phillies the most so far and have yet to see a blue jays game. will keep it in mind.

Edited by Tank

37 minutes ago, Chuck said:

BET: Bet is a slang term of affirmation, agreement, or approval along the lines of “Cool!” or “I'm down!”

Ippei-Mizuhara-and-Dodgers-Shohei-Otani-032024-72193c47097e4d12bf10bf9fd522ea1d-removebg-preview.png

What does the fly emoji mean?

Just now, T.G. said:

What does the fly emoji mean?

It's gone. But it meant that nobody cares about your post because it's either redundant or has nothing to do with the topic. 

I think we need another one for thread jacker. Let's see how @Blarg feels about adding one more. lol

Just now, Chuck said:

It's gone. But it meant that nobody cares about your post because it's either redundant or has nothing to do with the topic. 

I think we need another one for thread jacker. Let's see how @Blarg feels about adding one more. lol

In fact, just for good measure, out of respect for @Blarg, we should add TWO more.