• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/13/24 1:10 Pacific): Angels @ Red Sox: Canning on the mound

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Blarg said:

O'Hoppe is getting playing time like it's 1985. 

It’s starting to worry me a lot. Coming off a major injury last year and getting worked like this so early in the season. Wash must really hate what he’s seeing in Thaiss to give as much run as Ohoppe has been getting. (Yes he’s playing great and hitting well rn but still)

Just now, Ochocinco! said:

It’s starting to worry me a lot. Coming off a major injury last year and getting worked like this so early in the season. Wash must really hate what he’s seeing in Thaiss to give as much run as Ohoppe has been getting. (Yes he’s playing great and hitting well rn but still)

O'Hoppe has said he wants to play as much as possible (I think I remember seeing something where he said he wanted to play 140+ games?). Of course, you don't always have to do what a player says--but I guess for now, they're just letting him go while he's hot.

Entering play today, Mike Trout leads the American League with a .735 slugging percentage and is tied for the league lead with six home runs. He also ranks second with a 1.117 OPS.

With 969 career walks, Mike Trout is one walk shy of tying Tim Salmon (970) for the most in Angels history.

Trout is also the franchise leader in career home runs and runs scored.

Mike's 6 HR are tied with Troy Glaus (2001), J.T. Snow (1993) and Rick Reichardt (1966) for the most by any Angels player through 13 team games. No Angels players have reached seven HR through 14 team games.

15 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Rengifo and Adell need to play everyday. 

At least more often 

I’m guessing though that it will be around May 1 when Wash starts settling on a more set lineup with the best performers?

Edited by Angel Oracle

23 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

At least more often 

I’m guessing though that it will be around May 1 when Wash starts settling on a more set lineup with the best performers?

I hope so.  There is just zero reason to give Hicks an extended look.  Even if performs up to marginally good standards, I don't think whatever you'd get for him in a deadline trade would be worth the missed opportunity for Adell to get playing time.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'd rather he got an extra day off every couple of weeks while getting moved up in the order.

Wash might not be convinced Matt Thaiss is a catcher.

I'm all for moving him up in the order. He has obviously earned Washington's respect for game prep and execution but he also needs to rest. Thaiss is exactly what he is, a backup catcher. You are not going to get much better without paying a lot more for a free agent or trade high ranked prospects for one. So Washington is just going to have to pick the match ups and put Thaiss in. The Angels do have a decent catching prospect in Rios moving up the ranks but I doubt we will see him before 2025.