• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/1/24 3:40pm Bally Sports SoCal): Angels @ Marlins: Silseth on the mound, Moniak, Thaiss starting

7 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Certainly has the speed for it. Who was the leader last season that is still on the team? Rengifo??

Ohtani with 20. Velasquez 2nd with 13 and Rengifo 3rd with 6. Wash is prioritizing the running game and Adell stole 5 in the spring including 3B twice.

Just now, No Roles said:

looks like Suarez is more comfortable in a bullpen role...he is young still glad we can get some use out of him !

He is surprisingly only 26 but his control is still questionable (1.96 WHIP last season). Hopefully, you are correct and he gets it done as a bullpen option

1 minute ago, drpiranha said:

Ohtani with 20. Velasquez 2nd with 13 and Rengifo 3rd with 6. Wash is prioritizing the running game and Adell stole 5 in the spring including 3B twice.

Thanks, so I guess I was right that Rengifo is the returning leader, albeit that number is quite low. Would not surprise me at all to see Adell lead the team this season, especially if he starts to play more often (he should).

3 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

All good man, especially since the Angels won. A comeback win down 4 runs at that. After the first two games that were pretty much a disaster, it's nice to see the team respond so well these past two games. The bullpen in particular has come up huge

Winning is nice. How they get there is sometimes a high wire act. They can't rely on passed balls, defensive indifference and a balk for runs scored, that's for sure but I'll take the win. The pitching sorted itself out tonight which made it all possible. I'm sure Washington is going to talk to Neto about choices with bases loaded. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Winning is nice. How they get there is sometimes a high wire act. They can't rely on passed balls, defensive indifference and a balk for runs scored, that's for sure but I'll take the win. The pitching sorted itself out tonight which made it all possible. I'm sure Washington is going to talk to Neto about choices with bases loaded. 

Yeah, but it was nice to see another team make multiple mistakes, resulting in runs. The Angels defense essentially gave them three runs in the first so the net result was even.

Neto had a rough game and is having a rough start to the season with some mental mistakes. Strange because he has seemed to be way ahead of the curve for his age for baseball IQ. I'd imagine he gets his shit together soon. 

6 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

Yeah, but it was nice to see another team make multiple mistakes, resulting in runs. The Angels defense essentially gave them three runs in the first so the net result was even.

Neto had a rough game and is having a rough start to the season with some mental mistakes. Strange because he has seemed to be way ahead of the curve for his age for baseball IQ. I'd imagine he gets his shit together soon. 

I think with Neto it is two-fold.

One is he is playing in front of the largest crowd at Marlins stadium because everyone he knows is there. Tomorrow should be better, less nerves.

Second is Washington is working him pretty hard on his defense and he may be struggling with adapting in game what he does on the practice field. That should settle down as it becomes more of his DNA. 

Neto, Schanuel, O'Hoppe, Moniak and Adell are all going to make big leaps this year in both sides of the game. But there are going to be errors in between. It's how they bounce back is the important part.

By next year they are going to be machines. 

13 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think with Neto it is two-fold.

One is he is playing in front of the largest crowd at Marlins stadium because everyone he knows is there. Tomorrow should be better, less nerves.

Second is Washington is working him pretty hard on his defense and he may be struggling with adapting in game what he does on the practice field. That should settle down as it becomes more of his DNA. 

Neto, Schanuel, O'Hoppe, Moniak and Adell are all going to make big leaps this year in both sides of the game. But there are going to be errors in between. It's how they bounce back is the important part.

By next year they are going to be machines. 

Agreed with all of this except possibly Moniak. He did work a nice walk today though which is rare for him, hopefully his plate discipline has improved a bit. Still prefer him over Hicks against any RHP starter.

Young team going to fun to watch them play and get better. Adell adds more to team than Hicks and needs to play. Starters need to go deeper into games or BP will be toast by end of May. Big question to me is do you put Soriano in rotation? Early in season but big game for Sandoval Wednesday. Need to get Rengifo in lineup. 

1 minute ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Silseth was a bit unlucky in the first inning thanks to the bad defense. He would probably had been charged with at most one run in that inning. But Overall the stuff looks good!

Id strongly disagree he looked horrible today. Behind hitters constantly and left a lot of pitches right over the heart of the plate. Yes the defense wasn't the greatest but he didnt do himself any favors.