• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Orioles (Season Opener - March 28th, 2024 3pm EST)

3 minutes ago, No Roles said:

what concerns me most is we struck out more than 50 percent of our outs...we are well on our way to lead the league in this category again this year !

We won’t lead the league and we didn’t last year. 

4 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Who's got the video of the post game interview with Ron Washington when a reporter asked about Rendon's game on the field and Wash rebuked him?

The bigger question @Chuckis how were the pulled pork sandwiches and the drinks?

Had to 10X’s better than the game, buddy.

7 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

The bigger question @Chuckis how were the pulled pork sandwiches and the drinks?

Had to 10X’s better than the game, buddy.

Yeah dude, we had some much fun talking Angels Baseball, eating good food and drink that none of us felt bad after the game because we were enjoying ourselves from start to finish. 

Kind of like the forum community here. We're still on here talking Angels and other things despite 10 years void of the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, No Roles said:

what concerns me most is we struck out more than 50 percent of our outs...we are well on our way to lead the league in this category again this year !

against the best pitcher in the league tho.

I'm not gonna fret too much about the offense's performance against a great pitcher when their own starter choked

5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Sandoval is doing nothing to diminish my sneaking suspicion that he's toast. My guess is that he finishes the year as the 4th or 5th (best) starter.

I thought Wash had said earlier in ST that Silseth was going to get the Opening Day starting nod and be the de facto leader of the rotation. What has Sandoval done in the past couple of seasons to warrant being the opening day starter? But no, the Angels didn't need to sign a Snell or Trevor Bauer to anchor the rotation, not when they have Sandy leading the way. 🙄

It is very cool that the Angels open up on the road, against a 101 win team in2023, and against the NL Cy Young award winner, while the other team in town opened up at home against a 71-win team in 2023.  

Why does it seem like the Angels start on the road every season?  

3 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

It is very cool that the Angels open up on the road, against a 101 win team in2023, and against the NL Cy Young award winner, while the other team in town opened up at home against a 71-win team in 2023.  

Why does it seem like the Angels start on the road every season?  

my theory is that MLB knows the Angels will draw a big crowd for their first home game, whether it's on the first game of the season or the 7th.

so instead, they give another team a home opener on actual opening day in hopes of that team drawing more.

O's would've drawn anyway, but that could explain all those years in Oakland.

25 minutes ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

I thought Wash had said earlier in ST that Silseth was going to get the Opening Day starting nod and be the de facto leader of the rotation. What has Sandoval done in the past couple of seasons to warrant being the opening day starter? But no, the Angels didn't need to sign a Snell or Trevor Bauer to anchor the rotation, not when they have Sandy leading the way. 🙄

Good point.   Also, with Sandoval's emotional instability, why put him under the opening day pressure cooker.   Better off giving the rock to a pitcher with  ice.   Poor judgement all around, not to mention Sandy hasn't looked good all spring.

30 minutes ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

He said the leader thing about Canning.

45 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dude went right back to pushing a narrative.... "Voice of the people".

Sam is much more interested in being the guy who asks the question versus being the guy who gets the answer. Which is why I believe that while he’s great at in depth articles he’s awful at being a beat reporter.