• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB 2024 Predictions

AL MVP: Julio Rodriguez

AL CY: Tarik Skubal

AL ROY: Evan Carter (Yes, I know my bold prediction was Nolan Schanuel)

AL West: Texas Rangers

Angels Record: 72-90

AL Central: Minnesota Twins

AL East: Baltimore Orioles

AL WC1: Houston Astros

AL WC2: Seattle Mariners

AL Champions: Texas Rangers (They'll get DeGrom and Scherzer back before the playoffs and will defeat the Mariners in the ALCS)

---------------------------------

NL MVP: Ronald Acuna

NL CY: Spencer Strider

NL ROY: Jackson Chourio

NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers

NL Central: St. Louis Cardinals

NL East: Atlanta Braves

NL WC1: Philadelphia Phillies

NL WC2: Arizona Diamondbacks

NL Champions: Philadelphia Phillies (Phillies win NLCS on the strength of offense from Trea Turner, Bryce Harper, Bryson Stott, Castellanos, Schwarber, Bohm, etc....)

--------------------------

World Series Champions: Texas Rangers 

USA Today - 4 things we learned on MLB Opening Day: Mike Trout, Angels' misery will continue

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/4-things-learned-mlb-opening-101249741.html

The Angels are pretty bad

The first game of the Los Angeles Angels' life after Shohei Ohtani began Thursday much the same way that seemingly every other game has gone for the team in the past decade or so: Mike Trout homered and the Angels lost.

The three-time MVP went long in his first at-bat of the season to give Los Angeles an early lead over the Baltimore Orioles at Camden Yards. The Angels surrendered their advantage minutes later and wound up giving up 11 unanswered runs en route to an 11-3 loss.

Opening Day starter Patrick Sandoval got five outs and gave up five earned runs. The Angels managed just one hit after Trout's homer. Should be a fun season!

I don't understand why everyone thinks it's a pretty bad game.  When your expectations are THAT low, the very fact that Trout homered and the Angels scored a couple runs is a victory in and of itself.  It's like Joe Biden's State of the Union speech.  When you set the bar so low that if he isn't a drooling mess or lies about his children or forgets where he is, that it's a victory then you're going to come away totally impressed. 

The key is low expectations, folks. 

CBS Sports, in their bold predictions, predicted that the Angels would lose 100 games for the first time in franchise history.

Honestly, I didn’t think that was such a “bold” prediction.

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

I don't understand why everyone thinks it's a pretty bad game.  When your expectations are THAT low, the very fact that Trout homered and the Angels scored a couple runs is a victory in and of itself.  

The key is low expectations, folks. 

it's a weird dynamic around here.

fans already have low expectations, but then get upset when the players don't do better or the team loses. not really sure how else to explain it. 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

USA Today - 4 things we learned on MLB Opening Day: Mike Trout, Angels' misery will continue

Opening Day starter Patrick Sandoval got five outs and gave up five earned runs

USA Today should double check their facts.

Patrick Sandoval gave up five runs, of which three were earned runs.

7 hours ago, Tank said:

it's a weird dynamic around here.

fans already have low expectations, but then get upset when the players don't do better or the team loses. not really sure how else to explain it. 

I'm pretty interested in seeing how Ron Washington and the players themselves react to losing.  There's been a whole lot of mediocrity for a solid decade now, and I don't see anyone all that pissed about it.  I don't see managers getting in players faces and challenging them, or at least getting in the umps face.  I don't see a lot of fight in the players. 

I think I'd rather have a team that's pissed off about being losers than a team that is content with mediocrity.

4 hours ago, Second Base said:

I'm pretty interested in seeing how Ron Washington and the players themselves react to losing.  There's been a whole lot of mediocrity for a solid decade now, and I don't see anyone all that pissed about it.  I don't see managers getting in players faces and challenging them, or at least getting in the umps face.  I don't see a lot of fight in the players. 

I think I'd rather have a team that's pissed off about being losers than a team that is content with mediocrity.

Mediocrity is in the eye of the beowner.