• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ippei fired by Dodgers after being accused of theft by Ohtani’s attorney’s

The Dodger media people and lawyers must have had some heavy strategy sessions on the weekend to finalize the narrative. They seem to be borrowing strategy from Saul Alinsky's 'Rules for Radicals.'  Specifically this rule. 

"Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

Ippei really is an easy target. Marginalized,without the financial resources to defend himself fully. Admittedly breaking some laws. And easily demonized particularly by those invested in the Dodgers and MLB. 

Which in itself doesn't absolve him pending more factual information. But this simple polarization of a 100% good guy victimized by a 100% bad guy seems overly simplistic and intentionally meant to stop further speculation. 

55 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Just like everybody else I'm trying to figure this out. While I'm sure there are some illegalities that have occured are they that egregious? The way I see it is.

A. Ohtani bet on SOCCER..WGAF!

B. Ohtani covered his friends gambling debt?

C. Ippei stole from Ohtani?

Someone correct my moral ineptitude and why are some so ready to crucify Ohtani...bc he's a Dodger?

Maybe you missed the whole reason the IRS and FBI are investigating. He used an illegal sports bet.

13 minutes ago, cals said:

For you degenerates, is the only benefit to using an illegal bookie to avoid tax implications?  Or is the customer service a bonus, too?

Asking for a friend.

Fixed

5 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

But did he go to UCR?

Mentioned this somewhere else recently.

The media is all over this.

The only people who lie about going to UCR are the lower guys trying to bang old chicks at some dive bar in Norco. Or trying to impress their didatant in-laws at the holidays.

Nobody actually drops it to get a real job. It's just something you say to other lovers to get laid or to get to back off and leave you alone.

It's literally like telling people you take Kung fu if they ask you if you know how to fight.

"Well, they stretch before class I guess" and you move on to something else.

1 hour ago, cals said:

For you degenerates, is the only benefit to using an illegal bookie to avoid tax implications?  Or is the customer service a bonus, too?

Yes.

No for real.

Shirt attention spans and all, but another local got bisted for being a bookie a few years back... several players (Angels included) got wrapped up in it.

They never made the news, he did.

The whole point in rich dudes and bookies isn't because gambling is illegal (they could easily call someone in Vegas to place bets for everyone), it's because you don't pay taxes on earnings.

Period.

11 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yes.

No for real.

Shirt attention spans and all, but another local got bisted for being a bookie a few years back... several players (Angels included) got wrapped up in it.

They never made the news, he did.

The whole point in rich dudes and bookies isn't because gambling is illegal (they could easily call someone in Vegas to place bets for everyone), it's because you don't pay taxes on earnings.

Period.

This is a good point. I would imagine there is more anonymity using bookies as well.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Isn't this a federal crime?

It is if they go after the money wiring, which I believe would take precedence over the state crime of illegal betting in CA. They’re also still in the investigatory phase, and Ippei must not be considered a flight risk. TORS and Cals can probably give us a good timeline as to how this may go.

8 minutes ago, cals said:

Then it’s Biden who won’t prosecute.  Same shit.

He will if he finds Ippei voted for Trump. They will unveil lost footage of Ippei storming the capitol building.