• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ippei fired by Dodgers after being accused of theft by Ohtani’s attorney’s

5 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

A couple of people have made comments like this, but I'm about 99.9999% certain that if (in the extremely unlikely chance) Ohtani gets suspended for a season, he loses the deferred portion of that season's salary, in addition to the $2M in current payout. 

I don't know about just a one season suspension, since Pete Rose was banned for life. Now MLB is going to have to make a decision and they should do what they should have done a long time ago and reinstate Pete Rose, he has served his damn time. They need to make a serious rule like a 3-5 year ban, but this lifetime bullsh*t is a bridge too far in my opinion. There has to be some middle ground or just stick with the lifetime ban. Just be consistent, because now their backs are to the wall with Shohei potentially violating the same rule.

1 minute ago, ettin said:

I don't know about just a one season suspension, since Pete Rose was banned for life. Now MLB is going to have to make a decision and they should do what they should have done a long time ago and reinstate Pete Rose, he has served his damn time. They need to make a serious rule like a 3-5 year ban, but this lifetime bullsh*t is a bridge too far in my opinion. There has to be some middle ground or just stick with the lifetime ban. Just be consistent, because now their backs are to the wall with Shohei potentially violating the same rule.

Yeah, that wasn't the point of my post at all.  I'm just saying that if he gets suspended (whatever the length of the suspension/banning), he's not going to get the deferral that's associated with the seasons of the suspension. 

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

Completely agree. My belief is he paid off Ippei’s debt, then his team found out the legal implications and took over. I think it’s the most logical conclusion. 

Stradling, do you really believe a Sports Bet would extend up to $4.5 million in reoccurring debt to a guy that has a salary between $300-500k? That simply makes no sense at all. These places vets the financial solubility of their bettors, otherwise anyone could drop a $500k bet without any collateral and walk away. 

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Stradling, do you really believe a Sports Bet would extend up to $4.5 million in reoccurring debt to a guy that has a salary between $300-500k? That simply makes no sense at all. These places vets the financial solubility of their bettors, otherwise anyone could drop a $500k bet without any collateral and walk away. 

Maybe he simply made several bets. 

Or he has more money than we think he does. His whole story is weird.

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It wasn’t $4.5 at any given time, at least from my understanding.  I heard it was 8 or 9 different transfers.  And if they paid it off each time, why not keep extending the credit?  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It wasn’t $4.5 at any given time, at least from my understanding.  I heard it was 8 or 9 different transfers.  And if they paid it off each time, why not keep extending the credit?  

They are not offering Ippei the kind of bet that requires a $500k payoff, twice in two months. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Or he has more money than we think he does. His whole story is weird.

Yes.  I don't buy the whole idea of an interpreter making $300k-500k range.  That is insane money for an interpreter.  Way above market.  If he makes way less than that, then like others have said, he can't possibly be getting a $4.5m LOC with bookies.  But if he does actually make that much, there is more going on than just interpreting.

And who pays that salary?

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ah good point, that could mean he had something like a $500k line of credit.  Maybe that's reasonable for his salary.

But his salary is insane for his official duties.

9 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Yes.  I don't buy the whole idea of an interpreter making $300k-500k range.  That is insane money for an interpreter.  Way above market.  If he makes way less than that, then like others have said, he can't possibly be getting a $4.5m LOC with bookies.  But if he does actually make that much, there is more going on than just interpreting.

And who pays that salary?

Is there a market for Shohei Ohtani interpreters?

7 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Is that a gif of the new interpreter practicing his "interpreting" for tomorrow's appearance?

That would be fucking hilarious if Ohtani's interpreter was a white dude.

15 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

That would be fucking hilarious if Ohtani's interpreter was a white dude.

This is his temporary interpreter.  Don't know if it'll be someone different by tomorrow.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/william-ireton/

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

https://dodgersdigest.com/2017/03/14/extremely-important-news-will-ireton-can-deadlift-405-pounds-in-a-risque-singlet/

EDIT: Also, just to be clear: this isn't a joke.  This really is his temporary interpreter.  This guy is also working with Yamamoto.

Edited by jsnpritchett