• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Reggie Willits sighting

I am at the Las Vegas Ballpark for Ohio State-Oklahoma in the College Baseball Classic. Reggie Willits is the associate head coach for the Sooners. His son Jaxon is playing shortstop, wearing his dad's #77.

Australian Rugby at Allegiant Stadium last night, which is a story for another time.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, greginpsca said:

The better question is, has he hit the ball out of the infield yet?

He actually had a hard hit ball to the outfield, but it was right at the right fielder.

His double play partner is Jackson Nicklaus - no relation to the famous pro golfer, despite the similarity in name.

They also have twin brothers in the bullpen - from my home town of Jacksonville, FL. Both throw in the mid 90s.

I also commend the organizers for misspelling Berkeley on the scorecards given out at the game.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

52 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

He actually had a hard hit ball to the outfield, but it was right at the right fielder.

His double play partner is Jackson Nicklaus - no relation to the famous pro golfer, despite the similarity in name.

They also have twin brothers in the bullpen - from my home town of Jacksonville, FL. Both throw in the mid 90s.

I also commend the organizers for misspelling Berkeley on the scorecards given out at the game.

Berzerkeley

13 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I am at the Las Vegas Ballpark for Ohio State-Oklahoma in the College Baseball Classic. Reggie Willits is the associate head coach for the Sooners. His son Jaxon is playing shortstop, wearing his dad's #77.

Australian Rugby at Allegiant Stadium last night, which is a story for another time.

Just curious what you thought about the rugby league and was it your first time watching it? 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Richo said:

Just curious what you thought about the rugby league and was it your first time watching it? 

It was my first time seeing a live match. I know very little about the game. I only went because a friend who spent two years in graduate study in Australia gifted me the ticket. I found it entertaining once I gained a little more understanding of the rules. One thing that I found interesting was when a trainer would be bandaging a player on the field, and the game clock was still running. The clock doesn't stop for much. One interesting practice was kicking the ball into the stands along the sideline. The team that kicked it out then begins play at the spot on the field where the kick went out of bounds.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

It was my first time seeing a live match. I know very little about the game. I only went because a friend who spent two years in graduate study in Australia gifted me the ticket. I found it entertaining once I gained a little more understanding of the rules. One thing that I found interesting was when a trainer would be bandaging a player on the field, and the game clock was still running. The clock doesn't stop for much. One interesting practice was kicking the ball into the stands along the sideline. The team that kicked it out then begins play at the spot on the field where the kick went out of bounds.

Thanks I've grown up with the sport living in Australia and was just wondering what an American perspective of the game was. The Vegas game was pretty massive news over here and they have committed to the season opening over there for the next 4 years so if my team is playing will probably head over. 

1 hour ago, Richo said:

Thanks I've grown up with the sport living in Australia and was just wondering what an American perspective of the game was. The Vegas game was pretty massive news over here and they have committed to the season opening over there for the next 4 years so if my team is playing will probably head over. 

It made me a fan of the South Sydney Rabbitohs. They have one of the most unique names in sports, and I was surrounded by their fans in the south end zone. They were a blast to be around, even though their team lost.

I guess you know Russell Crowe is the owner of the bunnies and now you have seen the jersey you will see random people wearing them everywhere. I'm a Parramatta eels fan which is kinda like being an angels fan in that they promise so much and never deliver. They haven't won the premiership since 1986