• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What player acquisition had you most excited (when you first heard the announcement)

Chuck

What Angels player had you most excited after they were signed via free agency or acquired in a trade?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What Angels player had you most excited after they were signed via free agency or acquired in a trade?

• Reggie Jackson
    • Mo Vaughn
    • Shohei Ohtani
    • Torii Hunter
    • Vladimir Guerrero
    • Mark Teixeira
    • Albert Pujols
    • Zack Grienke
    • Rod Carew
    • Dan Haren
    • Anthony Rendon
    • Josh Hamilton
    • Nolan Ryan
    • Fred Lynn
    • Frank Robinson
    • Bobby Grich
    • Bartolo Colon
    • Mark Langston

Sidenote:  my son was 6 years old in little league when the Angels signed Pujols and he went berzerk over the Angels getting Pujols.  I took him to the stadium for the big Pujols event and he sat on my shoulders so he could see, hugging my head in pure little boy joy, telling me he loved me.  So I could have voted for Pujols for that alone. 

17 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Although not on here, Bartolo Colon got me really hyped too.

I think it's fair to add Bartolo Colon, though his best years were kind of behind him and Vlad stole the show that offseason. 

Though if I'm adding Frank Robinson I my as well add Colon. Bartolo had a rough first campaign with us with an ERA over 5, but he won 18 games that year and pitched over 200 innings in back to back years, winning 20 games in 2005. 

24 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I remember most of us at AW on our old website (forum) despised that trade because we lost Napoli. 

I despised the Wells trade because first I looked at his stats and thought "what's the big deal about this bum?" Then second, because I found out how much money we were going to be flushing down the terlit and thought there's no way this is going to end well.

Losing Napoli was just the icing on the cake. 

I remember jumping and fist pumping when we signed Ohtani, and then spring training came and he looked awful and I was worried, we all know how that concluded. Close 2nd for me was the Pujols signing. 

side note: Torii Hunter was a huge surprise and of my all time favorite angels so that has to be right up there also. Still remember where I was and what I was doing when I saw the news break

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Glove up no look! 

Well then Magic Johnson sure had a lot of “lucky” assists.

GMJ quite deliberately put his glove exactly where he accurately tracked the ball to be.  I don’t call that luck.

Edited by Dtwncbad

7 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Dont forget GMJ. Guy made an 80 million dollar catch.

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Oh right. And people were joking in 2004 that Stoneman would be the dummy to sign him to a big deal after that catch.

And at this point if Rendon put up GMJ numbers I'd be ecstatic. 

.250 av, 18 hr, .740 ops

Just now, Hubs said:

Vladimir Guerrero and then Ohtani. Pujols too probably.

This offseason, they're gonna do something big, Arte's 77 and is not gonna rebuild. We'll see what it is.

I feel the same way about Arte. He's about to YOLO. I can see the bellinger jerseys on the racks already. Adell sent packing for a starter too.

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

I feel the same way about Arte. He's about to YOLO. I can see the bellinger jerseys on the racks already. Adell sent packing for a starter too.

I could see Adell and like Anderson to someone for a guy making more money. But, they'd have to sign an OF then.

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I know you're not comparing GMJ to 5 time champion and HOF ervin magic johnson...

We are talking about one moment, one singular catch.  I will have the courage to say that was one of the greatest catches I have ever seen.

GMJ wasn’t a great baseball player.  But I give him this one truly great moment/great catch that he deserves.  And I don’t diminish it because he didn’t have a great career.

58 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I think it's fair to add Bartolo Colon, though his best years were kind of behind him and Vlad stole the show that offseason. 

Though if I'm adding Frank Robinson I might as well add Colon. Bartolo had a rough first campaign with us with an ERA over 5, but he won 18 games that year and pitched over 200 innings in back to back years, winning 20 games in 2005. 

He actually had 1.5 good seasons.

ERA the 2nd half of 2004 was mid 3.00s.

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

We are talking about one moment, one singular catch.  I will have the courage to say that was one of the greatest catches I have ever seen.

GMJ wasn’t a great baseball player.  But I give him this one truly great moment/great catch that he deserves.  And I don’t diminish it because he didn’t have a great career.

Oh i agree that it was a great catch. Probably top 5-10 all time. Not sure it was worth 80m lol.

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

I would be pumped if they aquired Burnes and his 25m arb then signed the massive extension. 

That wouldn't be enough for Burnes, would probably take Sandoval & Adell, but like maybe Shane Bieber.

Or someone like that.

Bieber and a minor leaguer for Jo Adell, Luis Rengifo and Tyler Anderson. Or $3M per season for two seasons, and no Adell.