• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I have never been more thankful for this place than now

Chuck

10 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

If it wasn't for this site I definitely wouldn't be the fan I am today, so I am thankful for it as well, especially through these trying times. 

That’s awesome @CaliAngel

It was great to virtually meet you on zoom for Lou’s online memorial. Hope to see you in Tempe next March. 

This place has not only made me a more informed, more reasonable (thanks strad and Lou), and better overall fan. It’s a great website and while the angels sucking for the last 10-15 years has been difficult, it’s still fun to come here and read, talk, argue, laugh, etc. 

it’s a great community 

I don't post here that often anymore but I'm thankful to always come on here during these rough last several years and read everybody's great takes. AngelsWin is never an echo chamber, and everyone here has joint sense of loyalty. The AngelsWin podcast is great too Chuck, the best sports podcast I've seen.

10 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

MLB clearly set up Ohtani to the Dodgers by giving them a total refund on the Bauer deal, legalizing their use of the DH, then sneaking in an incredibly player friendly change to deferred money rules without asking the MLBPA for any concessions. All that happened roughly in the last year or so.

The Dodgers are also already opening up the ‘24 season in Korea. Shocking.

Truer words have not been spoken. I absolutely hated seeing the NL granted the DH rule. It is absolutely ridiculous to even have interleague play, why? Some fabricated 'regional rivalry' bs. The leagues need only to meet during the All-Star game and the World Series. It once was fun having to juggle lineups and see how AL pitchers fared at the plate. Facing teams you don't play often. The strategic nuances of the WS is gone. Seeing NL teams adjusting to the AL rules in three or four games, and seeing how the AL managers juggled their lineups when at the NL ballpark all added to the whole WS experience. That is now ruined. It is time to end that stupid experiment already. Plus, I would prefer not seeing Ohtani coming to our ballpark during the 'freeway' series. 

8 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm becoming more of a fan of AngelsWin than of the actual team. This forum is more interesting than most of the games.

Sad...and a little weird.

Nah, a good fellowship of friends and community for discussion will always trump the team you root for because they'll let you down at times and they don't play every day of the year.

Hope and Thanks.

I am very thankful for this place.  It is a great place to get the pulse of other fans and get some other perspectives.  

It’s also sort of starts to feel like home with family members. . . people with opinions you don’t even like but they ARE part of your family so you end up feeling connected to them.

I will also say this site gives people a chance to learn a bit about themselves with an opportunity to at least try to make some improvements/grow up, etc. in the context of being functional in this kind of environment.  A repeat of thanks to the site.

The Angels hopefully have also learned about themselves and are hopefully committed to their own self improvement, for the good of the franchise and hopefully to the benefit of all of us.

I hope.

Edited by Dtwncbad

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Hope and Thanks.

I am very thankful for this place.  It is a great place to get the pulse of other fans and get some other perspectives.  

It’s also sort of starts to feel like home with family members. . . people with opinions you don’t even like but they ARE part of your family so you end up feeling connected to them.

I will also say this site gives people a chance to learn a bit about themselves with an opportunity to at least try to make some improvements/grow up, etc. in the context of being functional in this kind of environment.  A repeat of thanks to the site.

The Angels hopefully have also learned about themselves and are hopefully committed to their own self improvement, for the good of the franchise and hopefully to the benefit of all of us.

I hope.

I sure hope so. I know that I am not getting any younger. As I get deeper into my 60's, I want to hope that I get to see a postseason-caliber team again. LOL  Yeah, a bit melodramatic maybe, but it has been a while. I, too, am very thankful for AngelsWin and enjoy being a part of everything here and 'talking' to everyone here.

• 2 weeks later...

The Angels had mostly operated in the shadows until the Pujols deal, winning the lottery with Trout, and the Ohtani signing. I am looking forward to some good old-fashioned baseball without the media pressure for once. The Angels have felt like the Diamondbacks trying to be the Yankees for the last 15 or so years.  Press on.