• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I have never been more thankful for this place than now

Chuck

• Chuck changed the title to I have never been more thankful for this place than now

Yeah this place fuckin' rocks. 

I can't stand MLB TV and I don't Twitt on the Tweeter so I'm pretty much insulated from all that stupid bullshit. 

All I need to know about the Angels/Baseball is on this site, and not only that, it's entertaining as hell. 

If it wasn't for this site I definitely wouldn't be the fan I am today, so I am thankful for it as well, especially through these trying times. 

My "hatred" for the Dodgers was mild before this deferred acquisition. They're now the number 1 villain. So much so, that I'm actually thankful that the trashstros cheated them out of a chip. The phony 2020 season is all they can cling to. Hope they remain the modern day Buffalo Bills.

Trash asses.

P.S you chaps are cool.

Thanks Chuck, I’m new to AW but love this forum.  

It’s almost as if MLB media was completely pushing for this.  If Arte pulled off the “great deferral,” how many of these “journalists” would be calling for an investigation?  

it hurts to be an Angels fan right now but my dignity means more and I’m not abandoning 40 years of fandom now for the new shiney toy.  Dodger fan who used to cry about what Yankees were doing, enjoy the ride if you can.  

let’s sell and turn this organization into a baseball development machine already.

3 hours ago, Anthony Tendon said:

My "hatred" for the Dodgers was mild before this deferred acquisition. They're now the number 1 villain. So much so, that I'm actually thankful that the trashstros cheated them out of a chip. The phony 2020 season is all they can cling to. Hope they remain the modern day Buffalo Bills.

Trash asses.

P.S you chaps are cool.

Shit The Dodgers I have always hated but now Ohtani I hate even more. I never want to see Ohtani succeed again that pos is dead to me. He had his eye on the Dodgers for the past 6 years and when he had the chance he bounced.  He shit on us Angel fans who supported him for the past 6 years. To see him give that kind of contract to the Dodgers makes me absolutely sick to my stomach.. Seeing him only DH and the Dodgers not winning shit for the next 10 years would be the cherry on top

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

MLB clearly set up Ohtani to the Dodgers by giving them a total refund on the Bauer deal, legalizing their use of the DH, then sneaking in an incredibly player friendly change to deferred money rules without asking the MLBPA for any concessions. All that happened roughly in the last year or so.

The Dodgers are also already opening up the ‘24 season in Korea. Shocking.

Yup MLB definitely has their blood stained Hands on this deal. 

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Can we get Christopher Russo on here? I just love his insight and his somber tone. Everyone enjoys him as he’s such a great asset for the baseball world. 

agreed. in a world full of chaos, frenzy, and pure noise, his voice would be a welcome relief and provide insights most others miss.

it'd be the equivalent of having vin scully or dick enberg on board.

make the call, chuck.

Yes, an Angel focus is absolutely a priority. Other issues may come up  indirectly that relate to the Angels however. But it's a really long season, and being in the loop game by game really helps. 

Social media? I've never been on any of the major platforms, other than Facebook. I see quotes and links, but do not want to get into another matrix with dubious controls and content. I'm not paranoid, but just choose how I want to use my time. I have various specific hobby and professional sites I follow/post, but try and keep a distance in general.

One more thought on Ohtani before closing the book. For now at least. 

I guess deferred money never came up in discussions with the Angels because Ohtani and his advisors never had interest in making a new contract work. It probably has been part of Ohtani's mindset to always plan years ahead, with the Dodgers the primary objective.