• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Arte is squeezing Clint Hurdle over like $25-$50k

UndertheHalo

AW posted earlier today that the Angels nuked Clint Hurdle joining Ron Washington’s staff over a compensation disagreement.  He would have been paid less then 15 other bench coaches.  

obviously this is classic Arte and hilarious but it got me to thinking.  How much does an MLB bench coach make!?!?

Fangraphs says between $150K and $250k.  I appreciate this is not exact but based on those numbers presumably the org is bugging out over what is in baseball numbers, uhh not a lot of money.  

Anyway, Arte fucking rocks.  Incredible devotion to the bit.  

IMG_6642.jpeg

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Arte is probably correctly calculating that if he had been able to save this kind of money off of 15000 coaches he would’ve been able to afford Ohtani.

Arte has entered the bargaining stage. 

I bet he’s losing the Japanese cat treat account.  Obviously cut backs will be needed.  Accounting 101 baybeeeeeeee!!

Edited by UndertheHalo

I am being asked to be embarrassed as an Angel fan because there is a report that TWO grown men (one of whom is Arte Moreno) came pretty close to making a deal in a salary negotiation?

Moreno can be criticized for plenty of things but man, the commitment to mentally force literally everything into the narrative is impressive.

Just now, Tank said:

it's a weird dynamic that he can be so free-wheeling with certain aspects of this team, and yet so cheap in other areas.

Sounds like he was a little too free with his hands... squeezing Hurdle like that.

38 minutes ago, Tank said:

it's a weird dynamic that he can be so free-wheeling with certain aspects of this team, and yet so cheap in other areas.

If you are the owner of a baseball team, at some point you have to listen to your baseball people and heed their advice if you want to be successful.