• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani signs with the Dodgers (10 years, $700 million)

mmc

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Ohtani is like a woman who gets out of a terrible relationship or marriage, and the next guy she's with has a job, treats her well, and has his shit together. And she's constantly amazed and saying things like, "Wait, you actually clean up after yourself? Men do that?"

Then why ask the terrible guy not to break up with you when u had a chance to leave at the deadline?

11 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Ohtani is like a woman who gets out of a terrible relationship or marriage, and the next guy she's with has a job, treats her well, and has his shit together. And she's constantly amazed and saying things like, "Wait, you actually clean up after yourself? Men do that?"

We’re all happy you found a squeaky clean husband.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

If you are seriously this angry and you really do wish harm on an athlete because he didn't re-sign with your favorite team, you need help.  No joke.

Yup based on the fact he asked the Angels not to trade him cause he didn't wanna leave 

Edited by Ron Mexico

2 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Yup based on the fact he asked the Angels not to trade him cause he didn't wanna leave 

The player is always going to do what’s best for himself. It’s up to the organization not to get got. It was obvious for a long time Ohtani was leaving for a winner. Arte should have traded him years ago but he loved that NHK paycheck like you love crack. 

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

I actually don't care that they didn't keep Shohei for that kind of money.  I'm most annoyed because of the double bitch slap at the end.  Not trading him AND selling off a bunch of prospects to try and keep him.  Recently I have wanted to believe that this franchise was doing things to move in the right direction.  Nope, they just doubled down and put themselves in a lose lose.  

I feel your pain but it was so obvious that this was going to be the outcome...

"ANAHEIM, Calif. — Red paint stained Sebastian Romero’s hands as he held onto a sign that read “SELL THE TEAM, ARTE!” in the franchise’s bright, unmistakable signature color.

The Anaheim native in his early 20s had awoken Saturday midday to the most devastating news a lifelong Angels fan could get: Shohei Ohtani had signed with the Los Angeles Dodgers on a 10-year, $700-million deal.

“I haven’t eaten breakfast yet, I haven’t drank anything. I woke up, and saw Ohtani to the Dodgers and had a good cry in my shower,” Romero said, the speed of his voice increasing as he appeared to be holding back more tears. “This is one of the few things I’m very, very, very passionate about.”

A moment later, his voice was drowned out by a crane pulling up to the massive Ohtani mural just feet from where he stood. The final vestige of the two-way superstar’s legendary six-year term with the Angels was soon being torn unceremoniously off the side of Angel Stadium by a man in a cherry picker."

"A family of Dodgers fans came by to take pictures. “We wanted to come check it out and see if it was actually coming down,” said Joe Aguilar, who was wearing a Dodgers hat and jersey. “I was curious how fast they’d take it down.”

For the rest of those that came out, it was like a vigil. Nothing was awaiting them at this stadium, except more reminders of his painful departure. Still, it served as a setting to mourn the ending of his complicated tenure.

One fan, Julian Cedillo, walked up to the stadium alone wearing an Angels shirt. He placed two bouquets of red roses on top of two bricks that bore Ohtani’s name. A few minutes later, he walked back to his car and left.

“It was six years of excellence,” Cedillo said. “I’ve been an Angels fan my entire life. It feels like a piece of me died.

“I wanted to pay my respects.”

I salute Ohtani for the great years he gave the Angels. Ohtani gave us the best he had and I have nothing but love and respect for him. Unfortunately the rest of the organization is run like amateur hour and he couldn't take it anymore. I don't blame him for leaving this tire fire, even to the Dodgers.

I do think when we look back, Ohtani's best years will be with the Angels. I might be wrong but I think his pitching days might be over or they should be. He will hit many more HRs but he may not hit as many HRs as he did with the Angels.I don't know what he will do in the field if the Dodgers sensibly end his pitching career...1B? He may not be as individually great as he was with us but he will win more. A lot more. 

More power to him.

The internet is running wild with speculation now that Ohtani’s camp is the one that leaked him en route to Toronto yesterday to Morosi to get the Dodgers to up their final offer.

The billionaire on the jet is also represented by CAA. 

If this is true at all, just goes to show money talks and is ultimately the end game for these athletes. 

also is it true over 50% of the contract will be deferred? 

3 hours ago, Angels in 2030 said:

Why not simply do 10/520 with no deferred? 

because then they don't have to start paying it for 20 years.  Or at least 10.  

A lot of people forget that teams aren't basing their operations on some contrived CBT threshold.  It's based on real money.  

Wimpy was an economic genius

I read that the Angels were making $40 Million per season in advertising revenue, merely because he was on the roster.  That doesn't even account for ticket sales and concessions, which are going to be in the toilet now.

No way that Arte is going to spend all that cap money, knowing that incoming revenue is going to take a severe hit.