• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

26 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Losing 8 straight years for me is time to let young players develop. Use this year to see where young pitchers and position players are at. No need to throw money around like your 1 player away.

They can do that AND try to add pieces.  This just seems to be a situation where what he wants and what best suits the Angels doesn't really line up and to date neither side has been willing to make it work for both parties.

The Angels shouldn't be trying to sign anyone who will cost them a pick to a one and done deal -they aren't one player away.

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Arte is an idiot for pushing the wrong FA upon our many GMs.
Arte is an idiot for advocating trading prospects and not trading Ohtani last year.
Arte is an idiot for declaring we're not rebuilding and then doing virtually nothing. 

Arte is an idiot for making the baseball decisions instead of the GM. 

There is absolutely no clear plan what-so-ever. 

Being a perennially so-so team is the worst reality for a team. We're not sucking enough to rebuild, and we're not even sniffing the playoffs. 

He is an idiot for lots of reasons.  I just prefer to wait and see what exactly happens with Snell before I conclude that there is something to blame Arte for on the subject.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

That is some seriously high octane gas-lighting.  But sure, that's what you meant.   

I use this board to chat about baseball and to spare my wife from angels venting. Trust me when I'm saying terms like gaslighting for me are laughable since I'm not overly concerned with my baseball opinions are deemed smart, boring, ignorant, etc. 

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

They can do that AND try to add pieces.  This just seems to be a situation where what he wants and what best suits the Angels doesn't really line up and to date neither side has been willing to make it work for both parties.

The Angels shouldn't be trying to sign anyone who will cost them a pick to a one and done deal -they aren't one player away.

This has always been the case from my standpoint but my concern was that the Angels would do something that doesn't best suit them.   

Someone will give him 1yr with an opt out and it shouldn't be us.  

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

I use this board to chat about baseball and to spare my wife from angels venting. 

So, like everyone else?

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

Trust me when I'm saying terms like gaslighting for me are laughable since I'm not overly concerned with my baseball opinions are deemed smart, boring, ignorant, etc. 

Good thing nobody actually accused you of any of those things, huh? 

I just read an article that the Giants are now trying to get involved with Snell.  They need pitching.  Also the Astros had interest but balked at his asking price.

Arte is sitting in his office writing out checks to both Trout and Rendon. Both getting 38 mill a year and cannot stay on the field. One could care less if he is on the field. His GM signs relief pitcher to a 3 year deal he is going to start season on IL. Has a young team really not ready to compete for playoff spot. GM, Trout and fans want him to sign Snell, Martinez among others. Just not going to happen.

35 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I am surprised Moreno hasn’t signed Martinez, being someone who loves the long ball.

I'm not sure how things will end but Martinez is the only one of the remaining 3 that I could see us signing.  Listening to Jim Duquette and Jeff Joyce on MLB Radio this morning, they didn't even mention us with Snell (Giants got the most discussion).  But, I'm not sure I'd be surprised at anything that happens with Snell or Montgomery at this point.  

47 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I’m waaay over Snell at this point.

Move on.

I’ve became a little pessimistic about the overall outlook of the team. I was feeling a little better at the start of spring but the lack of offense has worried me. I’m not even sure signing Snell and losing the pick is worth it at this point. 

roll with what you got and let the rebuild play out. Stephenson, Estevez, Drury, Ward, Sandoval, etc can all be dealt at the deadline if they are having solid seasons. 

Let Schaunel, Neto, Rengifo, Moniak, Adell, O’hoppe etc take their lumps and build a good core. 

43 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Arte is sitting in his office writing out checks to both Trout and Rendon. Both getting 38 mill a year and cannot stay on the field. One could care less if he is on the field. His GM signs relief pitcher to a 3 year deal he is going to start season on IL. Has a young team really not ready to compete for playoff spot. GM, Trout and fans want him to sign Snell, Martinez among others. Just not going to happen.

Are these your notes to write a horrible Haiku?

Ronald Acuna, Jr. is hitting .167 with an OPS of .481

Jose Altuve is hitting .233 with an OPS of .648

Bryce Harper is hitting .227 with an OPS of .619

Matt Olson .200 and .667

It's Spring Training...

Some of you need to take a deep breath when looking at Angels ST stats.

8 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Ronald Acuna, Jr. is hitting .167 with an OPS of .481

Jose Altuve is hitting .233 with an OPS of .648

Bryce Harper is hitting .227 with an OPS of .619

Matt Olson .200 and .667

It's Spring Training...

Some of you need to take a deep breath when looking at Angels ST stats.

...or perhaps it's an indication that the offense won't be as good as it needs to be.  You're picking individuals across multiple teams, all of whom had great years offensively last year, and all of who have long track records of success.  In the Angels situation, Trout and Rendon both obviously have big questions surrounding them due to health and performance issues--so this spring has done nothing to alleviate the performance issues.  And the rest of the roster isn't doing much offensively, either.  Does it mean they CAN'T perform well during the regular season?  Of course not.  But given that the younger guys don't have much of a track record of success at the major league level (because...they're young), it's still at least slightly concerning that no one is really having a fantastic spring at the plate.