• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

4 hours ago, BTH said:

Yes. If he made them an offer, that’s a pretty good sign he was interested (Beltre, Cole) He also admitted he was interested in Trea Turner.

Those are just a couple examples off the top of my head.

Right, but did you know at the time or did you find out afterwards? Cole is probably the only one I can think of that we all knew about while he was still a FA.

7 hours ago, BTH said:

What this doesn’t tell me is whether Arte is actually interested in signing Snell and if he views him as someone who will substantially change the team.

And again the only way you’ll know that is if they come to an agreement. But the way you and most are wired is to assume the worst. He’s interested in him on his perception of the right deal. 

56 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Boras is just being delusional at this point, if sticking to opt out after year 1.

No one is signing Snell and giving him a first year opt out, when he wouldn’t be debuting until the latter part of April.

Someone would do that deal. 

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Right, but did you know at the time or did you find out afterwards? Cole is probably the only one I can think of that we all knew about while he was still a FA.

The latter.

And my point is that we don’t know whether Arte is interested in Snell, yet some people are insistent that he is when reporting suggests he isn’t.

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

And again the only way you’ll know that is if they come to an agreement. But the way you and most are wired is to assume the worst. He’s interested in him on his perception of the right deal. 

Just like I don’t know whether he is actually interested in him, how do you know he is interested in him?

The only indication we have is through reporting from a respected reporter who says that he is not interested. Yet you somehow believe that’s not the case, with no evidence otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Just read from SI Snell wants 3/66. That sounds super reasonable to me. C'mon Arte you cheap bastard.

Ok offer him 18/22/26, let him have his opt-outs but absolutely no NTC.

13 minutes ago, BTH said:

Just like I don’t know whether he is actually interested in him, how do you know he is interested in him?

The only indication we have is through reporting from a respected reporter who says that he is not interested. Yet you somehow believe that’s not the case, with no evidence otherwise.

And your evidence has a history of being a media voice for Boras. 

9 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Just read from SI Snell wants 3/66. That sounds super reasonable to me. C'mon Arte you cheap bastard.

Try again.  It’s two years $66 million guaranteed with an opt out after 2024.  

9 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Right but first year would be 30 million with an opt out.

3 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

You're right. Arte is the best and Rendon loves baseball and is an incredible teammate/player. If we could only be super fans like you. 

Again it’s more nuanced than some guys, not you, but some guys want to admit. Everyone hates Boras but it’s Arte’s fault. It’s fucking dumb and childish. But now that you know it’s $66 million for two years instead of three years WITH an opt out after year one, a year in which he won’t have a full spring training if any, do you still feel the same about it being reasonable and Arte being a “cheap bastard”? 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Again it’s more nuanced than some guys, not you, but some guys want to admit. Everyone hates Boras but it’s Arte’s fault. It’s fucking dumb and childish. But now that you know it’s $66 million for two years instead of three years WITH an opt out after year one, a year in which he won’t have a full spring training if any, do you still feel the same about it being reasonable and Arte being a “cheap bastard”? 

It will be that he should have offered more money so Snell wouldn't want to opt out or something.

In a way, it's pretty impressive that how we've gone from Snell/Boras wanting an unrealistically long and expensive contract (IIRC 9/270) to now wanting ~$30M to pitch less than a full season and try FA again. In the midst of all this there's been almost nothing on Montgomery who put together a great season last year, including a solid postseason. At a certain point you just have to wonder when the player steps in and tells Boras to just get a deal done so they can start playing.

29 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

You're right. Arte is the best and Rendon loves baseball and is an incredible teammate/player. If we could only be super fans like you. 

Nobody said that, or anything remotely close to that.

Wait, hold on, I just realized somebody left my garage light on all night last night.  I wonder what happened?  Oh, obviously Arte Moreno broke into my garage and used my tools without asking, and drank beer out of my garage fridge, kicked my dog, and farted in my car and then left the lights on when he left.