• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

15 minutes ago, mmc said:

LOL, post the individual season breakdown if you actually want to attempt to disprove what I said.  Except of course then that would prove your whole premise is bullshit, which is why you didn't do it here

Those seasons they're both terrible, but Rendon doesn't stand out as significantly better. 

Last 3 years Votto has been better. I stand by that statement and frankly it's not close.

10 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

My premise was for those 3 seasons Votto was a better player. 

And your premise is horseshit...  Votto was much better in 2021, but put up a -0.8 fWAR in 2022 as opposed to Rendon's 0.8, and 0.0 last season compared to Rendon's 0.2.  So again you're just mindlessly shitting on the guy because you don't like him as you've done in many threads recently.  I don't particularly care for Rendon but you don't need to go out of your way to come up with complete nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Best thing to do is have Angels sign Votto and have a front row seat watching Rendon and Votto this year. Best way to see who has a better year.

Votto will cause the team to DFA a young player to give him a 40 man roster spot. Then he will get DFA'd around the All Star break. And , depending on how many guys projected to be on the 26 man roster have options remaining , could cause another problem. If they want Votto around to mentor players, then make him a friggen coach, instead. 

2 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Votto will cause the team to DFA a young player to give him a 40 man roster spot. Then he will get DFA'd around the All Star break. And , depending on how many guys projected to be on the 26 man roster have options remaining , could cause another problem. If they want Votto around to mentor players, then make him a friggen coach, instead. 

Devils advocating here, if Votto took Trey Cabbage’s spot on the 40 I don’t think it would be too much of a loss.

What if Votto doesn’t want to coach yet? He can still ‘coach’ without being one. 

Edited by totdprods

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Devils advocating here, if Votto took Trey Cabbage’s spot on the 40 I don’t think it would be too much of a loss.

What if Votto doesn’t want to coach yet? He can still ‘coach’ without being one. 

Now who on the 26 man roster gets sent down. Don't think we have many position players on the 26 man roster with OPTIONS, other than  Neto, O'Hoppe and Shanuel.

Now who on the 26 man roster gets sent down. Don't think we have many position players on the 26 man roster with OPTIONS.

In that instance, Cabbage...

26 man roster, not 40 man.

As it stands Cabbage is on the 26 man roster, I mean unless you'd have Soto, Adams, or Paris on over him.  The bench today as I see it would be Thaiss, Adell, Cabbage, and Stefanic

1 minute ago, greginpsca said:

So Shanuel, Votto, Drury and Cabbage all playing first base??

"As it stands", Votto is not on the roster and you're debating a scenario in which Cabbage would be dropped for him so no...

59 minutes ago, mmc said:

And your premise is horseshit...  Votto was much better in 2021, but put up a -0.8 fWAR in 2022 as opposed to Rendon's 0.8, and 0.0 last season compared to Rendon's 0.2.  So again you're just mindlessly shitting on the guy because you don't like him as you've done in many threads recently.  I don't particularly care for Rendon but you don't need to go out of your way to come up with complete nonsense.

Well arguing Rendon's age 33 season was slightly better than Votto's age 40 season pretty much says it all. 

At this point in his career, I doubt Votto wants to come to the Angels.  He's made a boat load of money and the only thing he hasn't done is win.  I'm guessing the Angels rumors are smoke.... I think Votto would take a lesser role to play for a team that would give him a chance to win a ring.  All this other chatter is just BS, IMO.

Just now, Erstad Grit said:

Well arguing Rendon's age 33 season was slightly better than Votto's age 40 season pretty much says it all. 

Who gives a crap about what they've done at this point.  Who has a better chance of being productive this season.  Like him or not - it's Rendon.

7 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Who gives a crap about what they've done at this point.  Who has a better chance of being productive this season.  Like him or not - it's Rendon.

I hope you're correct. I was stoked when we signed Rendon, and when he's right, I'm a sucker for good defense at 3B and doubles. 

40 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Player- coach, halos have players to DFA and nobody will pick them up. So what if you lose a player off your 40 man roster happens all the time.