• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

28 minutes ago, Angels in 2030 said:

Buyer beware on Snell.  I think the team that signs him will regret it a lot earlier than usual.  

But more so, I think the Angels are not true contenders this year.  It’s the long game and I think the 25 year old is a much better fit for what this team is currently and going forward.  

I do not think top pitchers coming to halos. If you were Yamamoto and could go to almost any team what team would you choose. 

29 minutes ago, Dgar24 said:

We were not the favorites for Ohtani either. It’s Perry’s job to sell him . Maybe he’d dig on turning the team around when #17 didn’t. You never know what motivates a guy.

Minasian isn't going to sell anyone, maybe get Washington to give the pitch.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

I do not think top pitchers coming to halos. If you were Yamamoto and could go to almost any team what team would you choose. 

Which is why you need to be the high bidder.

If you were Yamamoto and the Angels offer $250M while the Mets offer $225M, what team would you choose?

16 minutes ago, BTH said:

Which is why you need to be the high bidder.

If you were Yamamoto and the Angels offer $250M while the Mets offer $225M, what team would you choose?

I know it's a pipe dream but my hope is the Angels sign Shohei Ohtani and he recruits Yamamoto to sign and be the ace of the club in 2024 with the thought that they both spearhead the Angels to success together as the best 1-2 punch in baseball out of the rotation in 2025 and beyond. 

31 minutes ago, Chuck said:

I know it's a pipe dream but my hope is the Angels sign Shohei Ohtani and he recruits Yamamoto to sign and be the ace of the club in 2024 with the thought that they both spearhead the Angels to success together as the best 1-2 punch in baseball out of the rotation in 2025 and beyond. 

The problem is that’d be like $70-$80M AAV for two players.

Even if Arte spent that much, it’d be hard to build the rest of the team around those two + the existing roster.

But you can work with Yamamoto + $30M.

Just now, BTH said:

In English, please.

Yamamoto is not signing here. Ohtani is not coming back. Angels need to start a rebuild around young players they have. Top FA not signing with a non contender. This is my opinion as I look at this roster and division halos are in. New direction needs to take place or the losing will continue. As a fan hard pill to swallow but how many losing seasons before things change. 

Yamamoto is not signing here. Ohtani is not coming back. Angels need to start a rebuild around young players they have. Top FA not signing with a non contender. This is my opinion as I look at this roster and division halos are in. New direction needs to take place or the losing will continue. As a fan hard pill to swallow but how many losing seasons before things change. 

Get a time machine and go back and tell all that the Rangers last offseason. 

46 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

What have halos and Arte done last 8 years

I have been apart of this community for idk close to 10 years now. I don’t think I’ve even posted since the old AW site but I lurk from the shadows damn near everyday. However I logged back in today for the first time in years just to say that your posts are insufferable to follow. Just utterly annoying… but I mean no disrespect. 

7 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

I have been apart of this community for idk close to 10 years now. I don’t think I’ve even posted since the old AW site but I lurk from the shadows damn near everyday. However I logged back in today for the first time in years just to say that your posts are insufferable to follow. Just utterly annoying… but I mean no disrespect. 

The irony is his compliant of “same thing for years” and “time for a new direction” and “something needs to change.”

7 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

Do not suffer hit ignore button

14 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

He's been an ace twice in the past six years.  In other years, he's been injured or not quite as effective--or both.  I think he's a huge risk on a 5+-year deal.

Snell is talented, when he's good he's very good, unlike most guys who I write off as not wanting them under any condition he's not a imminent implosion risk, but he's not durable and won't ever be mistaken for an innings eater.  He's been a 5 inning guy for most of his career.

6.0 IP starts

23 - 20/32
22 - 9/25
21 - 7/27
20 - 0/11
19 - 10/23 

18 - 19/31

He's managed to complete 6 innings in only 65 of 148 starts since 2018.  He has in fact averaged less than 5 1/3 IP per start since his Cy Young season. -- mostly because while he's hard to hit he will lose command for periods of time and walks a ton of guys.

He's likely better than anyone currently in the rotation, he's just a health risk and like most of the current staff, someone that will require more BP innings.

Do not suffer hit ignore button

Listen, you may think that's the answer for some who don't agree with your posts, but while this is an open community for Angels fans to share their opinions, I have to uphold the standard of this website whereby we take pride in intelligent conversation here.

Your posts are chipping away at those standards and taking away from the flow of good conversations here. 

I think you'd be better suited to comment on some Halos Nation Facebook page's posts and not here.

I mean no disrespect here, but I'm going to need you to clean it up or we'll have to find a new home for you sir. 

Thank you..

31 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Listen, you may think that's the answer for some who don't agree with your posts, but while this is an open community for Angels fans to share their opinions, I have to uphold the standard of this website whereby we take pride in intelligent conversation here.

Your posts are chipping away at those standards and taking away from the flow of good conversations here. 

I think you'd be better suited to comment on some Halos Nation Facebook page's posts and not here.

I mean no disrespect here, but I'm going to need you to clean it up or we'll have to find a new home for you sir. 

Thank you..

Sorry, if I have a different opinion than those who think Angels can resign Ohtani or have Yamamoto sign with halos. Many like myself believe a rebuild should be done. 

13 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Sorry, if I have a different opinion than those who think Angels can resign Ohtani or have Yamamoto sign with halos. Many like myself believe a rebuild should be done. 

This isn't regarding just one topic or two topics, @Angels 1961

Having different opinions is fine, but you don't need to hijack threads with your narrative or post ridiculous takes just for a reaction.

We've banned many from here that have done that over the years.