• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Sign Anderson you can trade Drury for young pitching. Candelario covers 1B and 3B plus DH. Lorenzen cheap starter and both of these two can be traded at deadline. No reason for halos sign top rotation guy because they are few years away from competing. Top rotation pitchers go to contenders.

Who's going to trade young pitching for one year of Drury?

And, seriously, enough with Lorenzen! You don't need to post the same thing over and over again. You do sometimes have valuable and/or fun posts, but just chill with repeating yourself. 

9 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Who's going to trade young pitching for one year of Drury?

And, seriously, enough with Lorenzen! You don't need to post the same thing over and over again. You do sometimes have valuable and/or fun posts, but just chill with repeating yourself. 

Teams that are contenders that need MI help would. Most good teams have good farm systems and players to trade. Dodgers need MI help is one of them. Shortage of position players in this year FA. Angel's missed major opportunity last trade deadline. What good is Drury on a team that most likely under 500 in 2024. Trade what assets you have to try and improve your team for the future. Many on AW think Ohtani is coming back and halos need to keep Trout and I say WHY? New direction needs to take place not the same old off seasons of Minasian magic beans. Rebuild around young players halos have. I'm for signing FA that will have some value at trade deadline next year. You think this roster will compete next season? 

28 minutes ago, mmc said:

Interesting salary structure.  For '24, that's barely a bump over this past season ($4M vs. $3.63M) and then a lower salary in '27 than in '25-'26 (if the option is picked up).  I know the AAV is at $10M, but the cash value in '24 is still $4M.  Between all of the moves to non-tender arbitration eligible guys and now this, I do wonder what they're gearing up to do for '24...Call me crazy, but wonder if they're going to try for some ridiculous value short-term deal for Ohtani.

25 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Interesting salary structure.  For '24, that's barely a bump over this past season ($4M vs. $3.63M) and then a lower salary in '27 than in '25-'26 (if the option is picked up).  I know the AAV is at $10M, but the cash value in '24 is still $4M.  Between all of the moves to non-tender arbitration eligible guys and now this, I do wonder what they're gearing up to do for '24...Call me crazy, but wonder if they're going to try for some ridiculous value short-term deal for Ohtani.

I sincerely believe Atlanta is a viable Ohtani destination. No team is really better equipped right now to win consistently than Atlanta and Ohtani will have noticed that. 

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I sincerely believe Atlanta is a viable Ohtani destination. No team is really better equipped right now to win consistently than Atlanta and Ohtani will have noticed that. 

The numbers he would put up in that lineup but I do not think ATL would spend that kind of money. I still think it will be Texas.