• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pick the next manager

Stradling

Pick a Manager  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the next Angels Manager?

• Buck Showalter
    • Torii Hunter
    • Darrin Erstad
    • Tim Salmon
    • Benji Gill
    • Ron Washington
    • Other
    • Gary Disarcina
    • Ray Montgomery

4 hours ago, BTH said:

Torii last played in 2015 and was a special assistant in the Twins front office as recently as 2021.

Salmon last played in 2006.

Somehow you don't get that I don't give a damn if they played for the Angels or when. I want someone that has managerial experience instead of plopping some guy in the role and hoping he can figure it out. That experience needs to come from on field and not as a title in the front office. 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Your hate for Perry is funny. Twitter would love you. 

I'm sorry but the defense of this guy after three terrible seasons, with the upper level talent befuddles the mind. 

And everyone on this board used to like Maddon, but now, you all hate him. Still when you read his book and see what he was saying, and add that to the "baseball nerd", suspect management moves, issues with the media, increase in injuries, and fractured clubhouse / management.. plus decline in fundamentals, increase in injuries......

Well, blame Arte, blame Perry, blame Nevin, or Maddon or Carpino or even Wise,  I just want the team to be good again.

9 minutes ago, Hubs said:

I'm sorry but the defense of this guy after three terrible seasons, with the upper level talent befuddles the mind. 

And everyone on this board used to like Maddon, but now, you all hate him. Still when you read his book and see what he was saying, and add that to the "baseball nerd", suspect management moves, issues with the media, increase in injuries, and fractured clubhouse / management.. plus decline in fundamentals, increase in injuries......

Well, blame Arte, blame Perry, blame Nevin, or Maddon or Carpino or even Wise,  I just want the team to be good again.

We hate Maddon because we paid attention. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

We hate Maddon because we paid attention. 

I didn't hate him. And I watched a lot of games. He is unique for sure, but we were all excited to have him after Brad Ausmus was forced on us in 2019. 

I'm torn on what I want. I either want a veteran established winning manager, or I want a younger ex-player that can learn on the job with a veteran bench coach. Hunter being my pick, with Ebel being the bench coach. He seems like he could be a good manager, as he was always one of the smartest players and beloved in the clubhouse. 

15 hours ago, Hubs said:

I didn't hate him. And I watched a lot of games. He is unique for sure, but we were all excited to have him after Brad Ausmus was forced on us in 2019. 

I'm torn on what I want. I either want a veteran established winning manager, or I want a younger ex-player that can learn on the job with a veteran bench coach. Hunter being my pick, with Ebel being the bench coach. He seems like he could be a good manager, as he was always one of the smartest players and beloved in the clubhouse. 

You just like Tori because he considers Sosh a mentor.   So shallow.

6 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

You just like Tori because he considers Sosh a mentor.   So shallow.

And you just hate Scioscia and everything affiliated with him, since you're a glorified troll. (Or Phil's Cousin, maybe).

Just now, Hubs said:

And you just hate Scioscia and everything affiliated with him, since you're a glorified troll. (Or Phil's Cousin, maybe).

Hubs....I just reached "Hall of Fame" status on my AngelsWin Profile, and I did it in under 2000 posts, which may be a record.

In celebration of that accomplishment, I will let you in on a tidbit.  I think Sosh was did a great job as manager.   I also had the pleasure of sharing my season seats with his son, and chatting about Angels baseball among other things.

I tend to support leaders who give a maximum effort and put their heart and soul into the job.  

3 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Hubs....I just reached "Hall of Fame" status on my AngelsWin Profile, and I did it in under 2000 posts, which may be a record.

In celebration of that accomplishment, I will let you in on a tidbit.  I think Sosh was did a great job as manager.   I also had the pleasure of sharing my season seats with his son, and chatting about Angels baseball among other things.

I tend to support leaders who give a maximum effort and put their heart and soul into the job.  

GIF by Team Coco