• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Betts and Freeman had 1 more hit than Trout and Ohtani

1 hour ago, BTH said:

TBF, Ohtani is one of a kind.

If the Dodgers (or any team) are gonna deviate from their prior ways for a player, that player would be Ohtani.

Ohtani is amazing, but the Dodgers are risk adverse. Two TJ surgeries and for at least year one he’s a DH only. We have no indication that he’s a good defensive player at any position. The only way they sign him is to a reasonable deal. 

9 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Agreed.  I think these posts are kinda pitiful.

Heaven forbid I put a little fun spin on the playoffs as the dodgers find themselves out. 

But you fucking post almost more than everyone week after week.  Must just be pure value.  

On 10/13/2023 at 10:40 AM, Lazorko Saves said:

Live shot of me double-checking Blarg's math.  I can't figure it out.  All I got so far, is that a 7pm game in Anaheim is 7:45 AM in Kathmandu, Nepal.

chalkboard_math.jpg

good grief. you forgot to account for the curvature of the earth as well as the elevational temperature difference in the foothills near barcelona.

what a rookie mistake. 

On 10/13/2023 at 2:37 PM, Stradling said:

Ohtani is amazing, but the Dodgers are risk adverse. Two TJ surgeries and for at least year one he’s a DH only. We have no indication that he’s a good defensive player at any position. The only way they sign him is to a reasonable deal. 

i think this is going to be true for pretty much every team that's interested in him. 

if i were a gm, i'd offer him a deal based on his hitting, and then add bonus clauses for his pitching, setting a series of earmarks where some kind of bonus money (or whatever you want to call it) would kick in he reaches a certain number of starts, IP, etc. 

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Someone will offer him $400M as-is. Really doesn't make much sense for him to do a short-term deal. 

I don't believe anyone will offer that much and I'm not talking about a short term deal. I'm talking about offering something like 8yrs $250 mil as a landing spot if he can't pitch effectively post-surgery. You give the opt out after 2 years if it looks like he can return to 2-way dominance and chase the $50 mil seasons. And it gives the signing club first dibs at offering the bigger money down the road. It protects the signing team from paying $400 mil to a DH in his 30's and gives Ohtani a soft landing if he isn't able to pitch.

7 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I don't believe anyone will offer that much and I'm not talking about a short term deal. I'm talking about offering something like 8yrs $250 mil as a landing spot if he can't pitch effectively post-surgery. You give the opt out after 2 years if it looks like he can return to 2-way dominance and chase the $50 mil seasons. And it gives the signing club first dibs at offering the bigger money down the road. It protects the signing team from paying $400 mil to a DH in his 30's and gives Ohtani a soft landing if he isn't able to pitch.

Ah, my bad. Don't know why I interpreted your first post as saying it was short-term.

That said, even though I personally think it would be foolish, I do still think someone will offer him a crazy $400M deal and take a chance. I just hope it's not the Angels. 

On 10/13/2023 at 2:37 PM, Stradling said:

Even if he could play a defensive position his current arm issue would prevent him from being used that way next season. He isn’t getting more than a 3 year deal and then whatever team signs him can extend him if they believe pitching is still in his future. Personally, i think at his age and with his arm history, pitching is in his past. I think the Dodgers will take the risk and sign him. 

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Ah, my bad. Don't know why I interpreted your first post as saying it was short-term.

That said, even though I personally think it would be foolish, I do still think someone will offer him a crazy $400M deal and take a chance. I just hope it's not the Angels. 

I’m fine with another club taking on that deal. No thank you!

11 hours ago, Tank said:

i think this is going to be true for pretty much every team that's interested in him. 

if i were a gm, i'd offer him a deal based on his hitting, and then add bonus clauses for his pitching, setting a series of earmarks where some kind of bonus money (or whatever you want to call it) would kick in he reaches a certain number of starts, IP, etc. 

To me it makes no sense for the Angels to sign him as a DH. Between Trout and Rendon, DH has been addressed. There is no need for another high price DH. As I stated in an above post, I don’t think being a starting pitcher is in his future again so I’d rather the Angels not take the risk for big money. They have a lot of other needs to address. 

Edited by Jason

6 hours ago, Jason said:

To me it makes no sense for the Angels to sign him as a DH. Between Trout and Rendon, DH has been addressed. There is no need for another high price DH. As I stated in an above post, I don’t think being a starting pitcher is in his future again so I’d rather the Angels not take the risk for big money. They have a lot of other needs to address. 

okay, but i've grown rather fond of having an absolute stud MOTO in his prime hitting in the angels lineup.

you know, the kind of guy we always hope we can find every off season when we're debating whether or not to offer juan lagares another one year deal.