• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Ex-Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer, woman who accused him of assault in 2021 settle legal dispute

One thing to note here (there's plenty) was the restraining order...

It was always a head scratcher to me why she applied for one (they lived in different counties, and nothing was out there saying bye was harassing her), but also that it was denied. Which like he said here, is odd (but telling).

It kills me that when this story broke, I was super excited to see the Dodgers get screwed for once.

And they went ahead and won 100 games every year without him.

Sigh.

3 minutes ago, happybat4 said:

So at the end of the day, how did MLB get away with suspending him for so long?

Because MLB makes its own rules and players are subjected to the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) system agreed to by the owners and the players Union.  Collectively bargained ADR systems are scams. They aren’t subject to the same rules as one would be subjected to in court.  And even taking that into consideration the arbitrator cut the suspension in half, basically to “time served” and likely didn’t just throw it out completely to save face for MLB.

Just rewatching this again. I'm curious to how it starts with "next victim". I remember reading she messed around with Tatis or someone else from the Pads, I wonder if he had to pay her?

And I wonder if he or someone else tipped Bauer off?

This is actually a pretty interesting "saga". Pretty crazy to watch it play out. 

I'm not a Bauer fan, but he got hosed. For 2 years or so he's had to keep a lot of this quiet for legal reasons. And the damage is done. Doesn't matter really what info he releases, he's basically branded for life.

I'm guessing this news/new info gets read by at best half the people who read about the initial story, with him being the bad guy.

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

I guess the real question is, who beat her face to get the hospital photos? The two of them should be prosecuted for fraud at the very least. 

IMO, she absolutely should be charged for filing a false report. I've seen this exact scenario played out too many times, and we never file on anyone for it. Which IMO is bullshit.

I want to see Bauer make a statement that he's taking rhe money she asked and starting a foundation for the wrongfully accused in her name. Just to troll. 

Even funnier if the logo was a split photo of her busted up face picture and the one of her smiling in bed with him picture. 

It would also be funny if some asshole like Musk or someone else who people hate make a movement to pass a new law to go after false accusers, and call it Trevor's Law. Or whatever her name is' Law.

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I want to see Bauer make a statement that he's taking rhe money she asked and starting a foundation for the wrongfully accused in her name. Just to troll. 

Even funnier if the logo was a split photo of her busted up face picture and the one of her smiling in bed with him picture. 

It would also be funny if some asshole like Musk or someone else who people hate make a movement to pass a new law to go after false accusers, and call it Trevor's Law. Or whatever her name is' Law.

This is definitely something Musk could latch onto and turn into a movement.  #hetoo

From Trevor's first ability to speak about the case finally ... I cannot believe all of this made it so far down the line.

She literally asked her friend about "what should i steal" when first planning to go over his house and her friend said "his money" .... in text messages .... 

• 1 month later...