• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout and Ohtani together all time W 201 - L 217

Duren, Duren

Since 2018 the Angels have a losing record when Trout and Ohtani have both been in the lineup at the same time.

Not even .500. 201 wins. 217 losses. 

This covers Ohtani's entire Angel career. 

This can be dissected in various ways. But I think it proves that it takes a good balanced  team to win. Superstars alone aren't enough if the other pieces aren't in place. 

Even with two guys who each  won and were regularly MVP candidates during this period the Angels have had losing records every year. 

And it pretty much is proof that the Angel way of roster construction hasn't worked. Even with different GMs and managers. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

The Angels have a winning record with Rendon in the lineup the last 3 years. They are 81-67 when he plays. 

So in those 148 games he’s played over 3 seasons, the Angels are pretty good.

Looks like we need to shorten the season by 100 games a year.

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

So in those 148 games he’s played over 3 seasons, the Angels are pretty good.

Looks like we need to shorten the season by 100 games a year.

Okay so hear me out. 

A good bullpen shortens a game, so an even  better pen should shorten the season.

What if we had 2 bullpens, you follow me?

This is basic math, people.

So say we had 5 bullpens, all of them good.

See where I'm going here?

Rendon can miss as many games as he likes, and the season is now short enough that it won't matter... because we would have FIVE bullpens!

#analytics

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

But he’s a cancer. 

He played more games in 1 season with the nationals than in 3 years with the angels. He has hit for shit and his defense is now declining. He swung at a fan and can’t even answer media questions with acting like an asshat. how you can defend this dude is crazy to me. This is becoming an ego issue strad. 

1 hour ago, ELEVEN said:

Okay so hear me out. 

A good bullpen shortens a game, so an even  better pen should shorten the season.

What if we had 2 bullpens, you follow me?

This is basic math, people.

So say we had 5 bullpens, all of them good.

See where I'm going here?

Rendon can miss as many games as he likes, and the season is now short enough that it won't matter... because we would have FIVE bullpens!

#analytics

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

7 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

He played more games in 1 season with the nationals than in 3 years with the angels. He has hit for shit and his defense is now declining. He swung at a fan and can’t even answer media questions with acting like an asshat. how you can defend this dude is crazy to me. This is becoming an ego issue strad. 

Yep he’s been hurt, he got into it with a fan and he hates the media. 
Also the team plays better with him in the line up. People love Moustakas, who has been worse than Rendon. 

22 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Since 2018 the Angels have a losing record when Trout and Ohtani have both been in the lineup at the same time.

Not even .500. 201 wins. 217 losses. 

This covers Ohtani's entire Angel career. 

This can be dissected in various ways. But I think it proves that it takes a good balanced  team to win. Superstars alone aren't enough if the other pieces aren't in place. 

Even with two guys who each  won and were regularly MVP candidates during this period the Angels have had losing records every year. 

And it pretty much is proof that the Angel way of roster construction hasn't worked. Even with different GMs and managers. 

What was their record this season with both in the lineup? This team was playing well and what, 9 games over .500 when the entire infield went down within about a week's time. I truly think this team competes with relatively decent health. Damn near the entire 40 man was injured. I've never seen anything like it and its also why I hope they retain Perry (best drafts we have had since Stoneman).