• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (9/8/23) Guardians @ Angels: Canning on the mound, Adams in RF, no Rengifo or Ohtani

jsnpritchett

4 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

A bunch of Japanese tourists were buying tons of Ohtani stuff. 

In recent days, many Japanese fans who have come to the stadium as part of Los Angeles or Anaheim tour packages will have to settle for buying his stuff at the team store, as they won't be able to see him play live. 

NHK will broadcast Angels games until September 10th (11th Japan Standard Time), after which they will be discontinued in Japan this season.

Well the ambiance at the game was fun. I was sitting halfway between home and first a few levels up and almost caught a foul ball. Off Calhoun I think. It was heading towards me but curved one row over. I was in an aisle seat and the guard rail was so in my way. 

Man, the bottom half of the lineup was far from major league. Sloppy defense and Cleveland played small ball to perfection. Canning was pretty good after some control issues. Could have gone a bit further. O'Hoppe homer was the hilite. And the Duck/Angel jersey. 

A few pix. The steal of third, the jersey giveaway, and the $60,000. Ohtani artwork.

IMG_20230908_203948_374.jpg

IMG_20230908_192351_694.jpg

IMG_20230908_171539_962.jpg

IMG_20230908_171533_074.jpg

13 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Well the ambiance at the game was fun. I was sitting halfway between home and first a few levels up and almost caught a foul ball. Off Calhoun I think. It was heading towards me but curved one row over. I was in an aisle seat and the guard rail was so in my way. 

Man, the bottom half of the lineup was far from major league. Sloppy defense and Cleveland played small ball to perfection. Canning was pretty good after some control issues. Could have gone a bit further. O'Hoppe homer was the hilite. And the Duck/Angel jersey. 

A few pix. The steal of third, the jersey giveaway, and the $60,000. Ohtani artwork.

IMG_20230908_203948_374.jpg

IMG_20230908_192351_694.jpg

IMG_20230908_171539_962.jpg

IMG_20230908_171533_074.jpg

I actually snagged the Ohtani hitting one 2 years ago before it skyrocketed in price. 

I'm not a huge memorabilia guy but I do have a soft spot for those Stephen Holland pieces.

I was at a game a few months ago and Opie Otterstad was there doing an original piece. Cool as hell, talked to him for a few innings.

It's sad that it was the highlight of any Angel game I've been to in years.

20 hours ago, FromJapan said:

In recent days, many Japanese fans who have come to the stadium as part of Los Angeles or Anaheim tour packages will have to settle for buying his stuff at the team store, as they won't be able to see him play live. 

NHK will broadcast Angels games until September 10th (11th Japan Standard Time), after which they will be discontinued in Japan this season.

Many fans at the stadium go to the team store on the ground floor which is usually packed, with a long line to get inside. They do not realize there is a Team store just one level up, right above the store on the ground floor.  I do not ever remember seeing a line to get into the store on the second floor.

On 9/9/2023 at 12:47 PM, FromJapan said:

NHK (a Japanese public broadcaster) published the upcoming MLB broadcast schedule, and will continue to broadcast Angels games from September 11 (against the Mariners) onwards.

Edited by FromJapan
Correct text