• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Shohei Ohtani faces questions about future in wake of elbow injury

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

If he has TJ could he play in OF or 1B sometime next year? If he has surgery, would he be able to DH start of season 2024?

Based on the last time, I would say no to a defensive position unless it’s because he’s abandoned pitching. When he had surgery in Oct 18 he didn’t even really throw till August 19, IIRC. That was because his throwing rehab was based on pitching. Bryce Harper had TJ in November 22 and he was playing 1B in July 23.

As for your second question, I think he would need to have TJ ASAP to be ready to hit opening day 24. Again referring to last time, he had it in October and he wasn’t in the lineup at DH till May. 

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Maybe Ohtani signs 1 year deal with halos. Have TJS do his rehab with Angels and become FA after 2024. Would Angels do that? Would Ohtani want to do that?

Why would Ohtani do that?

He could just get a big guaranteed deal and get an opt out or have pitching bonuses included to account for the fact that his pitching career is uncertain. 

2 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

I wonder if, after the TJS and the rehab, if Ohtani and whichever team that he signs with, (I hope he stays), would consider using him as a closer?  

One inning four to five times per week, and allowing him to continue to DH.  

That would not be till 2025. So if he is batting third in B8 how could he warm up? I think he might give up pitching. Wonder what kind of numbers could he put up just hitting.

4 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

He could just get a big guaranteed deal and get an opt out or have pitching bonuses included to account for the fact that his pitching career is uncertain. 

Do you think Ohtani might just give up pitching and become a position player. When do you think he will decide on TJS?

6 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Do you think Ohtani might just give up pitching and become a position player. When do you think he will decide on TJS?

I think he’s going to try to pitch again and he most likely will. If it doesn’t work a few years down the road, then he might have to give it up. But we’re far from that point. 

No idea when he’ll decide. 

14 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I totally agree. Judge got $360,000,000 coming off a healthy age 30 season. Ohtani will be coming off an injury after his age 29 season. However, I think he gets more guaranteed than Judge. In fact, I think he still gets more guaranteed than Trout's $426,500,000 who was coming off a healthy age 27 season. He will also get opt outs so that if he resumes pitching, he can enter free agency again, or force whichever club he signs with to renegotiate a new deal. I'm not saying he deserves more than they got, but he will. He's by far the best free agent available this season. There's no one even close. There's no Plan B player for the teams that don't get him.