• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

RBI's with 2 outs

gurn67

The Angels pretty much score off of home runs with 0, or 1 out. They can't really put to many sustained rallies together because their hitters absolutely suck at driving in runs with 2 outs this season. I'm only going to compare them to the 3 other good teams in the division.

Batters with 23, or more, RBI's with 2 outs this season.

Angels - 1 Ohtani with 23 (They only have one other hitter with more than 17 Drury has 21)

Astros -  4 (2 more have 22 so that's 6 guys that have more 2 out RBI's than the Angels No.2 guy)

Mariners - 4

Rangers - 6 (all 6 have 24, or more. So, 6 guys better at driving in runs with 2 outs than the Angels' top guy)

29 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

The Angels pretty much score off of home runs with 0, or 1 out. They can't really put to many sustained rallies together because their hitters absolutely suck at driving in runs with 2 outs this season. I'm only going to compare them to the 3 other good teams in the division.

Batters with 23, or more, RBI's with 2 outs this season.

Angels - 1 Ohtani with 23 (They only have one other hitter with more than 17 Drury has 21)

Astros -  4 (2 more have 22 so that's 6 guys that have more 2 out RBI's than the Angels No.2 guy)

Mariners - 4

Rangers - 6 (all 6 have 24, or more. So, 6 guys better at driving in runs with 2 outs than the Angels' top guy)

That my friends is one stat that contributed heavily in repressing wins this year.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

The Angels are 2nd in the AL for OPS. 5th in runs scored. 1st in home runs.

What the fuck more do you guys want? 

It's the pitching that is losing games, dimwits. Not some singularly absurd hitting stat.

The problem is the huge drop off in production in clutch situations. 

Hits with the bases empty and solo shots don’t win ball games, unfortunately. 

someone posted the huge difference in OPS with runners in scoring position vs the bases empty a few weeks ago and it was UGLY. 

For the record, I am by no means defending this pitching staff, you’re right that they probably take most of the blame for being a .500 club this year. 

All of this is truth.

Showing that they haven't had productive at bats, situational hitting, moving the runners around, etc, it's all about Launch Angle and swinging at shit.

Tell me that you don't understand the assignment. Without telling me that you don't understand the assignment

Launch Angle and Lift doesn't work on pitches outside the strike zone... Or, pitches that you can't lift and drive!

There is zero plan!

Watch my photos of Velazquez amd Renfroe in yesterday's game thread. Velazquez hadn't got his foot down until the ball was on top of him and his upper half was already gone out of the swing and then he tried some kind of weird lyft thing but never saw impact then go.

Renfroe same photos had to tuck his back elbow almost into his spleen to even get the barrel to the ball (which he couldn't it's an impossibility and showed by hitting it off the handle).

They have some horrible swings in pressure situations!

On 8/13/2023 at 8:15 PM, TroutField said:

If you could sum up what caused the angels to fail in 2023 it would be injuries, failure to get clutch hits, and failure to get out of innings for the pitchers, especially with 2 outs. 

I'd add bad management, bad bullpen construction, and not having a good game calling catcher. The entire pitching staff regressed, and has been terrible.

Angels despite their struggles with runners on and 2 outs still are 9th in the league in scoring runs. Could they be better, absolutely. The injuries definitely played a part. Most notably, Trout, Stassi, and O'Hoppe....Thaiss and Wallach have done ok, but the lack of good game calling is apparent.

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

I'd add bad management, bad bullpen construction, and not having a good game calling catcher. The entire pitching staff regressed, and has been terrible.

Angels despite their struggles with runners on and 2 outs still are 9th in the league in scoring runs. Could they be better, absolutely. The injuries definitely played a part. Most notably, Trout, Stassi, and O'Hoppe....Thaiss and Wallach have done ok, but the lack of good game calling is apparent.

For the record, they're also 6th worst in Baseball in runs Allowed.

Edited by Hubs

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

It also can be execution of pitches called.