• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Demote Estevez, promote Soriano

17 hours ago, VladdyforHOF said:

I think a lot of fans would agree Estevez is not a lights-out closer. I’m not simply proposing this thought over 2 blown saves. His command is shaky outing to outing with that gorilla looking delivery. His mechanics look bad. Colorado didn’t want him closing. He fell into the closer role with this team when Quijada went down. Maybe Q wasn’t the guy either. Estevez had a nice run and we got the most out of him.

This bullpen changed more than we’ve seen a bullpen change in 100 games. But Estevez has kept the closer role through it all because of a perfect saves ratio, ignoring everything else. Why? It’s caught up to him and suddenly he’s a mediocre 23/25.

I think it’s not only better for the remainder of this season, whatever it means, but also going forward into 2024 to develop a new closer. 

Soriano could be an option. He’s got nasty stuff. His command is better. He’s tougher to homer off of. Just get it done.

Estevez has looked like hot garbage. Problem with Soriano is he’s never in control so I could see him pulling an Estevez and walking two or three batters to start the inning until he gets the go ahead run at the plate and then throwing a meatball on an 0-2 count. Sound familiar. Angels need a catcher that will go out to the mound and grab these clowns by the throat and tell them to quit fucking around and throw strikes. Where the heck is their pitching coach. Hiding behind the manager’s skirt. Somebody needs to start doing their job. It’s obvious that Nevin is in way over his head. He coddled Estevez when he blew the game against the Mariners . Look how well that turned out.

57 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I still want Ohtani once a week in OF. Put him in LF right by BP. After 8th inn he go to pen to warm up for 9th.

Is this a serious suggestion?

You’re gonna have him play OF for 7 innings so in the 8th inning he can run 40 feet to get to the bullpen instead of running 300 feet from the dugout?

By the way if he has to bat in the bottom of the 8th then your whole plan was for nothing. 

Or if the Angels are losing. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Is this a serious suggestion?

You’re gonna have him play OF for 7 innings so in the 8th inning he can run 40 feet to get to the bullpen instead of running 300 feet from the dugout?

By the way if he has to bat in the bottom of the 8th then your whole plan was for nothing. 

Or if the Angels are losing. 

Jeff, ok bad idea let Dominator be closer