• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (8/3/23): Mariners @ Angels: Ohtani on the mound, no Drury

Just now, ukyah said:

the angels are so fucked after this season if ohtani walks. i mean, clusters of fucks all over. 

Which is why they went all out and buying at the deadline despite having very poor playoff odds. They figure they're gonna stink if Ohtani walks and that the players they traded away weren't gonna change their fortunes much in the present or immediate future either

It seems that Charlie Sheen has been a little shaky the last few weeks.

It may seem counterintuitive, but it might be due to underuse and overuse at the same time--underuse due to the team not playing well enough to get him a lot of save opportunities, and overuse in that when he HAS been in there, he's thrown a lot more pitches than usual...

Nevin pulled him in a similar situation against Houston earlier in the year and I thought he was about to do it again.

I don't think we are there in changing the closer yet, but I would hold him back for the next couple of days and use either Moore or Lopez to finish games. The obligatory 4 pitch walk after the team scores has been an absolute cancer.

Just now, Mark68 said:

It seems that Charlie Sheen has been a little shaky the last few weeks.

It may seem counterintuitive, but it might be due to underuse and overuse at the same time--underuse due to the team not playing well enough to get him a lot of save opportunities, and overuse in that when he HAS been in there, he's thrown a lot more pitches than usual...

Good points. But the manager and pitching coach just expected him to keep on finding ways to get the job done. Counting on his string of success to continue And Estevez probably never complained. 

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Even great teams lose the occasional game in an outrageous way, but we seem to do it on a regular basis.

Throws a guy playing in his 12th career game a meatball on an 0-2 count for a grand slam and the game.

If we won half the games this year in which we lost ridiculously we would probably be leading the division right now. Estevez had no control. He threw out of the zone when he needed to throw strikes and threw in the zone when he didn't need to.

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is incredibly stupid. 

True, but can you blame people for being frustrated?

Despite adding all of those players, 2-5 in past 7 games and can’t beat contending teams.

What is going to suddenly change this season?

Just finish over .500 for a change.

Edited by Angel Oracle

i literally left after ohtani's 40th hr...by the time i turn the radio on in my car estevez blew it with a grand slam !!! i still am glad i left that would have been a worse drive home if i stayed...as it was i hit 2 trains leaving anaheim stadium...and then my last turn to get onto chapman and up the hill their were sirens everywhere !!! talk about a buzz then a complete kill !!