• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (7/30/23 9am Pacific on Peacock): Anderson on the mound, Cabbage in CF

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

When I said this is not a playoff team with cabbage at 1B, this is not what I meant. 

There must be some logic (or at least a reason) for him to be there, but I'm not seeing it so far. Moniak has a fair amount of experience in CF and even Renfroe has played a few games there over his career. 

Now, of course, since we're questioning it, Cabbage will make a leaping catch to save a would-be HR today. 

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

What are you going to sell? Halos do not even have 3 OF. You flip Giolito? What is sad Ohtani having zero 0 protection now. 

If Ohtani has zero protection then why keep him?  I’d love to keep Shohei, but this team isn’t healthy enough to compete. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

If Ohtani has zero protection then why keep him?  I’d love to keep Shohei, but this team isn’t healthy enough to compete. 

I agree with the thought….but there is 0% chance Arte would allow a sell off after all the drama of this week. Too proud and stubborn and he’d also look indecisive…not happening…but I hope I’m wrong…

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

I agree with the thought….but there is 0% chance Arte would allow a sell off after all the drama of this week. Too proud and stubborn and he’d also look indecisive…not happening…but I hope I’m wrong…

Many keep forgetting he is also doing what he thinks the average Angels fan wants

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I wouldn’t say zero but I get what you are saying. They could be 3 games out or 7 games out Tuesday morning. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I agree but to retain Ohtani halos only chance is to keep him. It's a mess again but only 6 games back of Texas in west. I would flip Gio as to sign him would be another bad deal. I like young players and rotation going into 2024. Canning, Detmers, Sandoval and Silseth decent young core.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

There must be some logic (or at least a reason) for him to be there, but I'm not seeing it so far. Moniak has a fair amount of experience in CF and even Renfroe has played a few games there over his career. 

Now, of course, since we're questioning it, Cabbage will make a leaping catch to save a would-be HR today. 

Balls hit to center field are easier to track?

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I think I've seen @Stradling (or maybe someone else?) say this in the past, but if that was the case, then why hasn't he been playing CF before when he's been in the OF? 

Well it’s true, but I have no idea why he’s playing CF or why he hasn’t played it more. You get a more true read on the ball from CF. 

Just now, No Roles said:

it sucks so many baseball games are on nbc today that you can stream for free...is paying 5.99 the only option for watching today's game? I don't think this line up is worth signing up...

If it matters, the Angels are also on Peacock on August 27, so if you sign up for a month today, you'll get two Angels games instead of one. Then just cancel after that game. 

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I wouldn’t say zero but I get what you are saying. They could be 3 games out or 7 games out Tuesday morning. 

7 much more likely than 3….and it’s the worst case scenario….close enough in the Wild Card race to justify going all in, keeping Ohtani and trading top prospects, but not really getting a sniff of the postseason….just didn’t think it might turn this quickly…hell, with the schedule, we could be 10 games out in a hurry…