• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (7/30/23 9am Pacific on Peacock): Anderson on the mound, Cabbage in CF

Ward went down and probably out for the season. It would have been easy to drop this game and run from Toronto with a whipped dog mentality. 

Instead, Anderson pitched like a professional. The bullpen pitched like professionals. The infielders and outfielders handled their positions with focus. 

It could have gone to shit in the bottom of the 10th when Vlad Jr scored the ghost runner and Bichett walked. But it didn't and they earned this win and some respect. 

The only one of the series I watched,so maybe a limited view.

Firstly, I could be wrong, but Toronto has to have the fewest Ohtani fans anywhere. Toronto is more of a collective, conformist group think city to begin with. And their owners also own and control most of Canadian sports media. It seemed every time Ohtani came up the cameras would turn away, scan the crowd and show Jays fans holding up signs for the Jays. 

Shulman and Martinez are also the worst home team broadcasters. They ignore bad calls against the opponents, talking over and not even acknowledging egregious mistakes but dwell on those going against the Jays. It's all about promoting corporate interests with Rogers employees.

Anyways, nice tough win. Good pitching and Renfroe with his best game in a while. Cabbage just is lost against pitchers with a good mix of pitches. He's still a project. 

Realistically, you look at the lineup and the massive injury list and it's hard to be critical. The Jays by contrast have hardly had anything like that. Sure, there are weak spots but most of those are second or third stringers. 

If Anderson can remain consistent and the pitching holds up they can still play respectable ball and hope they hang in till some players return off the injury list. 

3 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

l remember someone looking for the intersection of Nutwood and Chapman. Only thing there are two  different Nutwoods also and both intersect a different Chapman. He was so confused until I told him he was at the wrong one.

The Nutwood near Cal State Fullerton does not intersect Chapman. They run parallel. I know this, because I am a professor there. (There's also a really yummy Which-Wich right off Nutwood.)

1 hour ago, rbis said:

Moniak just came off an 18=game hitting streak and has been above .300 all season. He got a hit today. Is that consistent?

Small sample size but yes he has been. 
hopefully he’ll be to maintain that throughout his career. 

It was a tough series, but the Angels really only lost 1 game in the WC race from where they were leaving Detroit. They actually gained a game in the AL West race....only 5 out now, so I think the West is starting to come back into play.

In fact, only Tampa and Toronto gained any ground this weekend - Tampa is one game higher in the lead WC spot, and Toronto kept pace ahead of Boston, NYY, and the Angels, to stay even with Houston. 

Everyone else in the mix either lost ground or stayed the same. 

This is the benefit of all these AL East teams playing each other so much....it's going to be really hard for this WC race to break apart unless someone collapses or someone starts to go on a crazy run. Going to be a war of attrition and the Angels are making good moves to endure that, with help on the way. 

Edited by totdprods

9 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I will guarantee you right now that the Angels will not be missing the playoffs on a tie breaker.

If we miss by one game we can kook back to game 1, top of 9th, bases loaded, go ahead run at the plate and Stefanic comes up with a bat.