• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It ain't over, but...

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think there’s a huge difference between being 6 games out and 4 games out. If you were all in at 3 games out then I don’t see a huge difference staying all in at 4 games out. Six games out is completely different in my mind. 

I agree, but unfortunately, I cannot imagine that Moreno will let Minasian sell at this point, regardless of what happens tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think there’s a huge difference between being 6 games out and 4 games out. If you were all in at 3 games out then I don’t see a huge difference staying all in at 4 games out. Six games out is completely different in my mind. 

I don’t necessarily disagree…but I’m not sure it’s feasible to pivot that quickly…maybe you could trade Gialito but would teams get back in on Ohtani on that short of notice? Particularly when they’ve made other trades and plans….

5 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I don’t necessarily disagree…but I’m not sure it’s feasible to pivot that quickly…maybe you could trade Gialito but would teams get back in on Ohtani on that short of notice? Particularly when they’ve made other trades and plans….

I think you could still sell off most of what you have. They don’t start from zero when they decide to sell. Conversations have already happened. 

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think you could still sell off most of what you have. They don’t start from zero when they decide to sell. Conversations have already happened. 

True….but the conversations about Ohtani stopped early in the week and teams have moved on…

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So Arte isn’t about profit or controlling loss?

I think he's pretty stubborn and set in his ways.  If he told Minasian that he wants to go for it this year and that they're not trading Ohtani, etc, I just don't see a scenario in which he'd go 180 degrees in the other direction a week later. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

If they lose tomorrow it’s over and then sell everyone who won’t extend. 

Who would want to extend at this point, and on the other side who do you actually want to extend (other than Ohtani and Giolito)

1 hour ago, Docwaukee said:

opening day roster?  

The rotation has been reasonably stable, but outside of Estevez and now that Moore is back, they've still pretty much turned the pen over at least twice.  

This is about position players. You know, the guys that are supposed to take the field every day. Well, they are all broken toys right now except for three. 

I'm way out of the current loop. I missed the last two games and didn't even see the scores till now. Busy with a heavy influx of painstakingly time consuming things. I'll have to read the threads to get an idea of the latest disappointing results. 

Boy, the bubble of optimism after the trade was punctured immediately after they left Detroit. Needless to say the Sunday game is almost Sudden death. Win and they only lose a game to the Jays. Not great but a sweep will be terrible. 

Maybe going all in looked good on paper. And against poor teams. But it seems that playing good teams is a tough reality check. With all the injuries a big factor that can't be minimized.

Keepplugging away. That's all they can do and hope other teams slump. 

3 hours ago, Torridd said:

It's too early for it to be over.

I agree.  These were two pretty unusual games.  First you pull in a starting pitcher who has hardly had a chance to meet his teammates, the offense gets stung by losing Neto (both games), and the bats threaten but try do do too much with players in scoring position.  The second day you are leading the game, and one of your best offensive performers in July gets ripped with a wild pitch which deflates the team, and we could lose him for the rest of the season.  No suitable outfield replacements are on hand.  You are also without your regular manager on the field the second day.  Plus this might be the worst home plate umpiring job of the season, which impacted both teams.  Please Manfred, can we have an automated strike zone machine next year, the cursing over balls and strikes is ridiculous, but justified by the poor performance of the umpires!

10 minutes ago, tomsred said:

I agree.  These were two pretty unusual games.  First you pull in a starting pitcher who has hardly had a chance to meet his teammates, the offense gets stung by losing Neto (both games), and the bats threaten but try do do too much with players in scoring position.  The second day you are leading the game, and one of your best offensive performers in July gets ripped with a wild pitch which deflates the team, and whom we could lose for the rest of the season.  No suitable outfield replacements are on hand.  You are also with your regular manager on the field the second day.  Plus this might be the worst home plate umpiring job of the season, which impacted both teams.  Please Manfred, can we have an automated strike zone machine next year, the cursing over balls and strikes is ridiculous, but justified by the poor performance of the umpires!

Manfred is all about monetizing every aspect of a game he has shown no respect for.

I expect him to keep the umpires status quo, as it creates discussion about the product, and discussion is free advertising.

This commissioner could care less about the actual sport.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

If they lose tomorrow it’s over and then sell everyone who won’t extend. If they win tomorrow they are 4 games out and decide if you want to continue to push all in. 

How do you know who will extend or not extend?  No one is talking contracts and 2024 this time of the year who are on contending teams.  If all these players focused on 2024 and beyond now then the performance will tank entirely.  If they can't contend they should be performing at their personal best so they can be considered for spots in 2024.

As long as Arte owns this team, he will never tear down a team and rebuild over a number of years.  With his actions and words he has always said he will try to improve the team every year, and get into contention every year.  Large market teams have the ability of taking that approach, but that doesn't mean they will contend every year.  It's probably been a poor strategy for the Angels because the money was mis-spent on too many busted players, and too little was spent on organizational development including drafting, scouting and young player development.   

The Angels are not gonna make the Playoffs.  Then they're gonna lose a Generational player during the off season.

Anybody who thinks there's even the slightest chance he's staying, is delusional.  They should have traded him at the 2022 deadline.

Arte Moreno is a POS, and will go down as the Worst owner in Franchise history.

Maybe he'll lower beer prices again, to get folks excited.  That's about the only successful thing he's done since he bought the team from Disney.

The team is not going to make the Playoffs for at least 3 years after he sells the team, if he ever does.

Maybe he can go hang out with the LOSER President he supports, and they can complain together.