• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (7/29/23 12pm Pacific) Angels @ Blue Jays: Detmers on the mound, no Neto

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Again with stupid. That ball slipped out of his hand and Moniah was shook up by it. He had no intention of releasing a baseball that would hit a batter in the face. It's every pitcher's nightmare and yet almost every pitcher in baseball has lost control and nailed a batter. Overreacting about it a demanding and Blue Jays hitter get nailed is... Well, we've covered that. 

Ditto with stupid….Intent is irrelevant, as it was when Marcinak may have ended Lucroy’s career in a collision at home plate…There was no intent to injure but it was answered…. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I think they over managed that. Detmers made a mistake pitch but then recorded two outs. Leave him in and get some emotional momentum going. 

They've got their damn computers telling them what to do. Screw that. Let's get a manager with a feel for the game.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I think they over managed that. Detmers made a mistake pitch but then recorded two outs. Leave him in and get some emotional momentum going. 

Yeah. I understand not wanting him to face the top of the order a third time, but with 2 outs and no one on it's fairly low leverage. I think it's fair to go batter by batter at that point. 

Just now, DMVol said:

Ditto with stupid….Intent is irrelevant, as it was when Marcinak may have ended Lucroy’s career in a collision at home plate…There was no intent to injure but it was answered…. 

Damn you are one obstinate fool.

You hit a Blue Jays batter and your pitcher gets suspended, maybe even the interim manager. It could also trigger a bean ball war which the Angels can't afford another injured player. 

The Angels only lose in your scenario.