• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez for Edgar Quero and Ky Bush (move Joyce to 60-day IL, option Reyes, DFA Walsh and Davidson)

mmc

49 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Lucas Frost Giolitto - interesting family:

Giolito is the son of actress Lindsay Frost and video game producer Rick Giolito. His maternal grandfather, Warren Frost was an actor, while his paternal grandfather, Silvio Giolitto, was a two time Olympic Fencer and multiple time US National Champion. Lucas’ brother Casey is an actor, while his uncle, Mark Frost, is a novelist, television screenwriter, and producer best known as the co-creator of Twin Peaks with David Lynch. Another uncle, Scott Frost, is a writer.

That was a lot to read to still not know if his wife is hot.

8 minutes ago, DMVol said:

^^^This^^^......If it doesn't work, it doesn't work....maybe Quero is Segura, maybe Bush becomes Chuck Finley....but if we don't make the postseason and Ohtani signs elsewhere, then try like hell to re-sign Giolito (and maybe Lopez too), somehow fix 1b, have 3b covered on the assumption Rendon will be hurt as usual, work hard to sign international guys....don't crawl in to a shell, sign Matt Harvey types and make the luxury tax threshold the be all to end all.....

If they actually did that -- I'd actually be close to done with them.  It will mean they have learned absolutely nothing.  And when I say they, I mean Arte Moreno.

• mmc changed the title to Angels acquire Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez for Edgar Quero and Ky Bush (move Joyce to 60-day IL, DFA Walsh)
1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Lucas Frost Giolitto - interesting family:

Giolito is the son of actress Lindsay Frost and video game producer Rick Giolito. His maternal grandfather, Warren Frost was an actor, while his paternal grandfather, Silvio Giolitto, was a two time Olympic Fencer and multiple time US National Champion. Lucas’ brother Casey is an actor, while his uncle, Mark Frost, is a novelist, television screenwriter, and producer best known as the co-creator of Twin Peaks with David Lynch. Another uncle, Scott Frost, is a writer.

Whatever..  Did any of them ever score FOUR touchdowns in a single football game for Polk High?  Yeah... didn't think so

Season 5 Beer GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Just now, TroutField said:

I guess that effectively ends Ben Joyce’s season. They said 3-4 weeks ago he wouldn’t be throwing off a mound for 3-4 weeks, I didn’t know that meant out for the season. 

Fletcher said it doesn’t change his timeline which was mid August. 

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

He was awful at SLC.....you can trash Fletcher but he went down and raked....Whatever the reason, Walsh just isn't the guy from 20-21....tough deal but it is a results business....

I wasn't surprised when he did nothing upon returning. They literally rushed him back so fast. Long before he was going to be ready if so. After hearing about neurological conditions for the past year plus it's really not surprising he lost his hand-eye coordination.

Feel bad for Walsh, but that is the nature of the business.  I would not be surprised if Schanubel is fast-tracked in a similar way that Neto was, such that he is our starting 1B sometime within the first two months of next year.

Moose will occupy that role for this year, and we have various options (including Cabbage?) to hold that spot next year until our first rounder is ready.

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

He was awful at SLC.....you can trash Fletcher but he went down and raked....Whatever the reason, Walsh just isn't the guy from 20-21....tough deal but it is a results business....

Speaking of Fletcher, does he have a future here? Or was he let go and I missed it?

Just now, VladdyforHOF said:

I wasn't surprised when he did nothing upon returning. They literally rushed him back so fast. After hearing about neurological conditions for the past year plus it's really not surprised he lost his hand-eye coordination.

The other part of it is even when he was squaring up pitches and hitting it hard, it was not carrying.  He had clearly lost power after his surgery.  Really sucks, but the team has moved on.  Best of luck to him, hope he latches on somewhere and gets another shot.

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

The other part of it is even when he was squaring up pitches and hitting it hard, it was not carrying.  He had clearly lost power after his surgery.  Really sucks, but the team has moved on.  Best of luck to him, hope he latches on somewhere and gets another shot.

TOS seems to be a baseball career ender..  

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Speaking of Fletcher, does he have a future here? Or was he let go and I missed it?

Not sure he has a roster spot if Neto is healthy.....Nevin likes Velasquez and he gives you speed as a pinch runner and defense....