• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin Podcast - Episode Eleven

Chuck

image0 (3).jpeg

Episode #11 of the AngelsWin Podcast is here! Victor Rojas, Geoff Stoddart and Chuck Richter discuss a very disappointing week for the Angels.  Also: Who is this team?  What can be done? Are there moves that make sense?  Finally … Shohei Ohtani!!!  Can the Angels keep him?  And if so, what will it take? 

Also, you guys stumbled into on my pet peeves: the runner at 3B with less than two outs. 

People seem to think this is should be an automatic run, like kicking an extra point. 

The MLB average is always around 50 percent. The Angels are currently 49.7 percent. The Astros are 51.5.

The best team in baseball is 58 percent and the worst is 42 percent. 

Great podcast, gentlemen. I look forward each week to hearing the podcast. Victor, you were spot on when you talked about the nonsense of high-fiving for a nice try. I agree; if you didn't get the runner home, then you simply did not do your job. This is a results-oriented game. Nice tries don't win games. Professionals should be beyond that. That is disingenuous anyway. While it is a good thing to support your teammates and they you, it should also be that there is some accountability when you fail to do your job. Getting a runner home, particularly from scoring position with less than two outs should be more of the norm rather than the exception. 

2 minutes ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

Great podcast, gentlemen. I look forward each week to hearing the podcast. Victor, you were spot on when you talked about the nonsense of high-fiving for a nice try. I agree; if you didn't get the runner home, then you simply did not do your job. This is a results-oriented game. Nice tries don't win games. Professionals should be beyond that. That is disingenuous anyway. While it is a good thing to support your teammates and they you, it should also be that there is some accountability when you fail to do your job. Getting a runner home, particularly from scoring position with less than two outs should be more of the norm rather than the exception. 

So if they don’t score the runner, guys should line up and dong punch them? Let’s be real here…the game has high probability of failure. If you get out 7 of 10 times you’re likely headed for cooperstown. As opposed to the shitty players who get out 8 of 10 times. 

14 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

So if they don’t score the runner, guys should line up and dong punch them? Let’s be real here…the game has high probability of failure. If you get out 7 of 10 times you’re likely headed for cooperstown. As opposed to the shitty players who get out 8 of 10 times. 

Yeah, lmao I guess I worded that in a ridiculous way. Basically, the 'atta boy' stuff is not going to produce runs. Otherwise, yes, your premise makes sense. Still laughing though on the 'dong punch' line.

Another terrific job... and for the record - Victor never talks too much!

I am surprised that no one knew that personal services contracts aren't relevant any more... but I do like the out-of-the-box thinking for ways to sign Ohtani.

6 hours ago, T.G. said:

Another terrific job... and for the record - Victor never talks too much!

I am surprised that no one knew that personal services contracts aren't relevant any more... but I do like the out-of-the-box thinking for ways to sign Ohtani.

Thanks @T.G.!!