• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (7/01/23): Angels vs Diamondbacks

Just now, Trendon said:

I forgot that you get bonus points for only using one bench player instead of two…

who cares about using two players at this point in the game? And he’d be burning two players for two at bats to give the team a better chance of scoring when they’re down 2 runs.

“Better chance”. 

3 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

maybe this is just the frustration talking, but every time I watch the Angels play, it feels like their opponent just plays better baseball.  Example:  their catcher steals second without a throw and scores easily on an XBH.  

Our 3bman either isn't aware of where the 2bman is playing or the 2bman decided not to cover the bag on a grounder.  So he has to change direction and the result is an errant throw.  

To be fair he would have scored from first on that 2 out triple, but ya they are getting schooled.

This is so depressing. Just two weeks ago this team was on the rise and playing great. Now, they struggle to score and fail in a lot of important spots and the season is slipping away... What is possibly the greatest player of all time likely leaves if the team doesn't make a run for the playoffs and here the team is.... shitting themselves. 

This sucks.

My PVR effed up and I had to join the game live in the eighth. In time to see Trout strike out on a pitch two feet outside and ankle high. Seems like the pitching was decent but the offense dead again. 

Maybe they score twenty tomorrow to balance their team stats. All while losing another home series.

1 minute ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

This is so depressing. Just two weeks ago this team was on the rise and playing great. Now, they struggle to score and fail in a lot of important spots and the season is slipping away... What is possibly the greatest player of all time likely leaves if the team doesn't make a run for the playoffs and here the team is.... shitting themselves. 

This sucks.

It’s not depressing because it happens every damn year. You get used to it. 

It does suck though.

Just now, Stradling said:

“Better chance”. 

Let’s run through this, since you can’t seem to grasp that concept:

I would’ve pinch-hit Moustakas for Fletcher and Escobar for Moniak (if they went to the lefty there, like they did).

Moustakas has better numbers vs. RHP than Fletcher no matter how you slice it (2023, career, etc.).

Escobar has better numbers vs. LHP than Moniak no matter how you slice it (2023, career, etc.)

And if they don’t go to the LHP vs. Moniak, it’s still a better chance because Moniak is better vs. RHP than LHP any way you slice it.

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

Let’s run through this, since you can’t seem to grasp that concept:

I would’ve pinch-hit Moustakas for Fletcher and Escobar for Moniak (if they went to the lefty there, like they did).

Moustakas has better numbers vs. RHP than Fletcher no matter how you slice it (2023, career, etc.).

Escobar has better numbers vs. LHP than Moniak no matter how you slice it (2023, career, etc.)

And if they don’t go to the LHP vs. Moniak, it’s still a better chance because Moniak is better vs. RHP than LHP any way you slice it.

And if you pinch hit Moustakas they go to the pen.  I get it I just think you are grasping at straws in an effort to be the smartest man in the room, much like your Twitter persona. 

4 minutes ago, HeavenlyHalos said:

This sucks.

Happens every year. I don't care if they're 75-5 through the first 80 games next year while averaging 12 runs a game, I'm selling hard. 

4 minutes ago, Trendon said:

cause Moniak is atrocious vs. LHP, it’ll be the fourth time through the order, and Shohei is up if anyone in front of him gets on.

Oh FFS you buy into the 3rd, 4th, time through the order horseshit? That is aggregate thinking and not tonight's game. That is every shit pitcher out there tilting the numbers and not Nelson grinding the Angels into a fine past all damn night and could have gone 9 easily.

I'm so fed up with stupid stats fucking with a good game, a game that used to make baseball great instead of a bunch of worried little people thinking they could be second guessed if Moniak closed his eyes and accidently hit the ball. But he didn't, him and Trout both swung at strike 3 in the dirt the same way they would have if Nelson was on the mound.

Just stupid ass baseball that gets to be unwatchable because there is zero storyline in pulling pitchers early in their pitch count because of past events that have zero to do with tonight's game. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And if you pinch hit Moustakas they go to the pen.  I get it I just think you are grasping at straws in an effort to be the smartest man in the room, much like your Twitter persona. 

Even if they go the pen, they have a better chance because:

Escobar (who is better vs. LHP) faces a LHP instead of a RHP when he pinch-hits for Moustakas or Moniak.

And at this point, Moustakas vs. a LHP may be better than Fletcher vs. a LHP. (He is, if you go by 2023 stats)

I’ve laid out a very coherent argument, but you choose to ignore it and start taking personal shots at me instead.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Oh FFS you buy into the 3rd, 4th, time through the order horseshit? That is aggregate thinking and not tonight's game. That is every shit pitcher out there tilting the numbers and not Nelson grinding the Angels into a fine past all damn night and could have gone 9 easily.

I'm so fed up with stupid stats fucking with a good game, a game that used to make baseball great instead of a bunch of worried little people thinking they could be second guessed if Moniak closed his eyes and accidently hit the ball. But he didn't, him and Trout both swung at strike 3 in the dirt the same way they would have if Nelson was on the mound.

Just stupid ass baseball that gets to be unwatchable because there is zero storyline in pulling pitchers early in their pitch count because of past events that have zero to do with tonight's game. 

Blarg when you have some time, please tell us how you really feel. 

Just now, Trendon said:

Even if they go the pen, they have a better chance because:

- Escobar (who is better vs. LHP) faces a LHP instead of a RHP when he pinch-hits for Moustakas or Moniak.

And at this point, Moustakas vs. a LHP may be better than Fletcher vs. a LHP. (He is, if you go by 2023 stats.

I’ve laid out a very coherent argument, but you choose to ignore it and start taking personal shots at me instead.

You are adorable. You think you know best because you look at a stat. Yet as you know they have more information than you do. So continue to be that guy. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You are adorable. You think you know best because you look at a stat. Yet as you know they have more information than you do. So continue to be that guy. 

So I’m supposed to just blindly believe that every move they make is the right one, simply because they have more information than I do?