• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/29/23): Angels vs White Sox

The point I'm trying to make is, managing with saving your bullets in mind for how future games may play out is how you end up going 4-7 in your last eleven games playing 9 out of 11 games against three terrible teams, all the while having two off days in between. Not to mention the starting pitching for the majority of the last 11 games have been going 6 or more innings. My belief is that there's been a misuse of the pen in not asking more of certain guys at times and in not going to them earlier like in today's game all in the sake of saving arms for the future when said future is unknown. The couple of games we lose here to shitty teams could well be the difference to making the playoffs or not this year.

22 minutes ago, T-angel said:

The point I'm trying to make is, managing with saving your bullets in mind for how future games may play out is how you end up going 4-7 in your last eleven games playing 9 out of 11 games against three terrible teams, all the while having two off days in between. Not to mention the starting pitching for the majority of the last 11 games have been going 6 or more innings. My belief is that there's been a misuse of the pen in not asking more of certain guys at times and in not going to them earlier like in today's game all in the sake of saving arms for the future when said future is unknown. The couple of games we lose here to shitty teams could well be the difference to making the playoffs or not this year.

Talking out of your @ 101 level.  

Class  is in session courtesy of a guy who never managed anything successful. Ever.  SMH 

12 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Class  is in session courtesy of a guy who never managed anything successful. Ever.  SMH 

You were doing well for awhile...had not read anything dickish from you in a bit. I was almost warming up to you. I knew it was just a matter of time before your nature reared it's ugly head once again.

1 hour ago, REDneck said:

Why is it a overreaction? The team has not done well against the dogs, rocks, and now the sox..hell even against the Royals.

Why do you defend mediocrity?

I’m not defending mediocrity, I’m pointing out they aren’t this bad as their overall record shows. Every team has ups and downs and this is a down.  They have played poorly and lost two games in the wild card standings in that time. 

1 hour ago, Swordsman78 said:

I'm not trying to teach class... I'm venting frustration because there's at least 6 games (perhaps even more) this year where the team has snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. Put 6 wins on the Angels record instead of losses and we'd be leading the division right now. In each of our own reality's, we all play arm chair manager in one way or another; I don't know you outside of this forum so please don't assume to know anything about me. Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m not defending mediocrity, I’m pointing out they aren’t this bad as their overall record shows. Every team has ups and downs and this is a down.  They have played poorly and lost two games in the wild card standings in that time. 

Their not to bad Strad, you're right.

But when does a good team start being good? Game 90,110,130,160?...and that might be when they start.

But I would of really liked to have seen them win a few more games against the likes of the Royals,Rocks and Socks.

54 minutes ago, T-angel said:

I'm not trying to teach class... I'm venting frustration because there's at least 6 games (perhaps even more) this year where the team has snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. Put 6 wins on the Angels record instead of losses and we'd be leading the division right now. In each of our own reality's, we all play arm chair manager in one way or another; I don't know you outside of this forum so please don't assume to know anything about me. Thanks. 

It's fine to vent, we all do.   But why do you continue to skip player performance and go straight to the manager?

Its almost as if you post here just to bash Nevin.

If we wanted to read "ready, fire, aim" posts like yours, we can go to Twitter and read your posts there.   This forum is a level up and we (some of us) prefer at least a little effort at peeling back the onion a bit, seeking to understand, first.  

45 minutes ago, REDneck said:

Their not to bad Strad, you're right.

But when does a good team start being good? Game 90,110,130,160?...and that might be when they start.

But I would have really liked to have seen them win a few more games against the likes of the Royals,Rocks and Socks.

So they were a good team last week but they aren’t this week. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So they were a good team last week but they aren’t this week. 

You may have thought they were a good team last week...I certainly did not.

I'm not saying their a bad team...I'm not saying they're a very good team at this point either.

48 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

It's fine to vent, we all do.   But why do you continue to skip player performance and go straight to the manager?

Its almost as if you post here just to bash Nevin.

If we wanted to read "ready, fire, aim" posts like yours, we can go to Twitter and read your posts there.   This forum is a level up and we (some of us) prefer at least a little effort at peeling back the onion a bit, seeking to understand, first.  

Well at least you sound more polite now instead of derogatory. But you are wrong. I call out players, managers, and front office just the same. I've definitely called out my share of players. But today is the first time I've called Nevin out harshly because that was where my level of frustration is at.

I'd like to point out that If you really were part of the crew that sought to "understand first" you wouldn't have said my first post-game post was full of "dumb" statements, now would you? And that was your attempt at "level up" commenting right?

You contradict your own assertions, and bring question to your credibility, sir. 

2 minutes ago, T-angel said:

Well at least you sound more polite now instead of derogatory. But you are wrong. I call out players, managers, and front office just the same. I've definitely called out my share of players. But today is the first time I've called Nevin out harshly because that was where my level of frustration is at.

I'd like to point out that If you really were part of the crew that sought to "understand first" you wouldn't have said my first post-game post was full of "dumb" statements, now would you? And that was your attempt at "level up" commenting right?

You contradict your own assertions, and bring question to your credibility, sir. 

I didn't comment on at least your first 2 takes this game bashing Nevin.  

I must have missed your takes bashing the poor player performance.

8 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

I didn't comment on at least your first 2 takes this game bashing Nevin.  

I must have missed your takes bashing the poor player performance.

Lol. If you are going to use the word "continue" as if it was a pattern of behavior for someone, hopefully, you would have the courtesy to use a larger sample size than just a couple posts in the same thread. 

They took the first two in this series in exciting fashion. 

Ohtani's two way dominance and Trout's exciting winning run in the first game  creating a chance for real momentum. The crowd was pumped as much as they have been in a long time. All they needed was to win one of the next two and finally win a series and carry the momentum forward. 

Instead they came to a screeching halt. Against a flawed  Chicago club on a West coast swing who treated Angel pitching like batting practice. 

Despite Ohtani's record setting month and a pair of new veteran additions they are not showing signs of being able to sustain a long enough stretch to pull away from the other wild card contenders. In fact, they've dropped behind where they were a few days ago.  

I don't feel like analyzing at the moment. The end results speak for themselves.