• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/25/23): Angels @ Rockies

mmc

10 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

It's surprising to see Moniak get the start against the lefty instead of Rengifo. I guess they really want Renfroe to get reps at 1st

9 minutes ago, Revad said:

Austin Gomber, a LHP, starts for the Rockies.  Interesting that against a lefty starter we still have Renfroe at 1st and Moniak in right.  Of course it worked well last night!

Gomber has an 8.44 era and a whip of 1.88 in his last seven games.

Maybe two things: They really want to see more of Renfroe at 1b and how do you sit Moniak after last night? 

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

When players like Moose and Escobar get traded mid season where do they live until they figure out something more permanent? Especially since they're FA after this season. It must be hard on their family having to move 2000 to 3000 miles...

I’m assuming they have a permanent residence and just get a short term rental or apartment in OC for the last 3-4 months. 

3 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

When players like Moose and Escobar get traded mid season where do they live until they figure out something more permanent? Especially since they're FA after this season. It must be hard on their family having to move 2000 to 3000 miles...

My understanding is some form of Corporate Housing. I know at one point the Angels used Residence Inn and the Rams back in the day used two different “luxury” apartment complexes. 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

Maybe because he's 1 for 31 against lefties in his ML career?

Hard to argue with that….but he hasn’t had much of a chance this year….Nevin and the coaches obviously have seen enough that they think he’s earned it…plus if you start Renfroe at 1b the only real right handed OF option is Rengifo…

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

With a lefty on the mound, they sort of need to make a decision, either Moniak in RF, or Moose at 1B. Moustakas is hitting well against LHP this year, so it's a bit of a surprise to see him not get the start. 

Maybe they want to spare him the emotion of going against his former team right away.   I am guessing he didn't expect to get traded in the middle of a series to the opposing team.

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

@Tank's house