• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB tonight Ohtani trade

Talent is talent, I understand that. However, I just don't see the value in Parada when they have O'Hoppe, Thaiss and Quero all on the depth chart. 

And Mauricio just doesn't hold a ton of value with his lack of plate discipline, and his primary position being SS where the Angels have a lot of depth already. 

The rest of it is just moving pieces. It's nothing more than someone trying to make something happen on paper that has no basis in reality. 

10 hours ago, Stradling said:

And no one is giving that up for two plus months of Ohtani. 

I think you are underrating his value to a team that wants him for a playoff push and thinks it gives them the inside edge at re-signing him. As dumb as this trade proposal from Bo Porter is, the return is 5 or 6 times what I'm saying the Angels should get.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think you are underrating his value to a team that wants him for a playoff push and thinks it gives them the inside edge at re-signing him. As dumb as this trade proposal from Bo Porter is, the return is 5 or 6 times what I'm saying the Angels should get.

I look at what rentals have gotten the last several deadlines and see no chance of getting an Ace and another young starter for two+ months of Ohtani. As Fletcher points out look at what Scherzer and 1+ years of Trea Turner got the Nats.  They got a catcher who’s hitting .236 and a pitcher who has a solid 3.64 ERA.  The Angels would be lucky to get that much in return. 

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I look at what rentals have gotten the last several deadlines and see no chance of getting an Ace and another young starter for two+ months of Ohtani. As Fletcher points out look at what Scherzer and 1+ years of Trea Turner got the Nats.  They got a catcher who’s hitting .236 and a pitcher who has a solid 3.64 ERA.  The Angels would be lucky to get that much in return. 

I think that trade isn't so far off with what I stated. The Dodgers gave up their top 2 prospects and two other pieces. 

There is a hype around Ohtani that isn't purely rational in a baseball sense, which I would think might compel a top bidder to give up more than what really makes sense from a baseball stand point. As great as Scherzer and Turner are, there are multiples of ace pitchers and all star shortstops, but there is only one Shoehei Ohtani.

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ohtani is two players dude. Two elite playèrs!

He's a mega draw and a cash cow. There is a reason Yankee stadium is called the house that Ruth built. Ohtani is on that level. Any franchise getting him in a trade is going to have International attention, a substantial increase in odds of winning a World Series, and a damn nice platform to negotiate an extension from.

You think all that is only worth the two players you mentioned?

Rockies broadcasters discussed Ohtani, saying 3 years at $300 million would be thinking outside the box. Advertising and other outside revenue would help defer his salary. 

Ohtani gets pretty much max money and is a free agent again at 31. And likely, another record setting contract. The new team doesn't risk injuries and degradation in his later years. 28 - 31 ages are usually the prime years of a career. 

Diplomacy and salesmanship will be needed to work out any deal. 

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

Rockies broadcasters discussed Ohtani, saying 3 years at $300 million would be thinking outside the box. Advertising and other outside revenue would help defer his salary. 

Ohtani gets pretty much max money and is a free agent again at 31. And likely, another record setting contract. The new team doesn't risk injuries and degradation in his later years. 28 - 31 ages are usually the prime years of a career. 

Diplomacy and salesmanship will be needed to work out any deal. 

You cant really make that work with the luxury tax 

9 hours ago, REDneck said:

Ohtani is two players dude. Two elite playèrs!

He's a mega draw and a cash cow. There is a reason Yankee stadium is called the house that Ruth built. Ohtani is on that level. Any franchise getting him in a trade is going to have International attention, a substantial increase in odds of winning a World Series, and a damn nice platform to negotiate an extension from.

You think all that is only worth the two players you mentioned?

What kind of cash cow is he for two months?  Teams in contention have good attendance.