• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/15/23): Angels @ Rangers - Drury serving suspension, Velazquez making season debut at SS, Ingram first game with team

mmc

1 hour ago, IheartLA said:

Dude what is going on Webb just said “wtf”

1 hour ago, IheartLA said:

He threw the ball in disgust too what is that about… did he think he wasn’t coming in?

1 hour ago, bloodbrother said:

He looked pissed off or shocked that he was going in already

Wallach has really solidified his major league status. Really has a good eye and his swing is more compact. Also seems more than competent behind the plate. his dad was one of my favorite players. 

Who ever could have foreseen Rendon's injury jinx when he signed? Really too bad because we still haven't seen him fully healthy for any length of time in years. 

Estevez was due for an off night. Happens to the best of them. Lucky it didn't hurt.

a scrappy win. Ohtani is pulling away as team MVP and a likely top three league candidate again. Especially if the team finally gets to the post season. 

At this point I don't even want to think beyond the present. As long as he contributes  to team success it's easier to focus on this season and block out future uncertainty. 

and please ... 

No letdown in K.C. Short term they should patch together a decent enough lineup to handle the Royals. Longer term will depend on medical reports and Perry's chessboard. 

1 hour ago, EDinTUSTIN said:

We won. That is all that counts. Estevez will be just fine. It was a good sign for the future that when our closer has an off game, we have someone with the ability and steel nerves and resolve to bail him out and quickly quench the fire. That happened today, and it was beautiful. Three out of four, on the road, against a very good team.

Nevin deserves a lot of credit pulling Estevez before it completely imploded.  Too often i seen managers stay with closer until the save is blown

Edited by stormngt

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Nevin deserves a lot of credit pulling Estevez before it completely imploded.  Too often i seen mamagers stay with closer and the save is blown

I was going to post the same thing. Pretty ballsy to go grab your closer before the game completely unravels on you. Hurt egos and all that usually come into play 

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Shouldn't be forgotten here that the pen shit the bed last night... but Detmers was a stud.

2 innings out of 4 games we stumbled.

We stole 2, hung in the 3rd, and Ohtani with a highlight night to seal it.

Great series

That was not the pen last night. Herget is gone and Davidson is just keeping the seat warm until someone comes off the DL.

Was on a zoom call watching the game the whole time.

Ohtani is destroying the baseball.

Walsh finally slowly starting to find it?

He’s a Moniak, Moniak on the field!

Wallach is a total revelation at the plate to go with solid defense behind the plate.

Definitely concerned with Trout (8-60)  and Rendon (3-36), but they still won 3 of 4 on the road against a good team.

These injuries have to stop at some point.  This is getting ridiculous!

So, I went to the game. I left after the Angels batted in the top of the 9th. Listened to the rest of the game on my phone as I walked back to my car. I don't know why I never doubted they would win this game. I think maybe because the Rangers were getting all the breaks until about a week ago, and the Angels were getting none of the breaks until about 12 days ago. Things will balance out over 162 games. This sudden rash of injuries is certainly not fun though.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Was on a zoom call watching the game the whole time.

Ohtani is destroying the baseball.

Walsh finally slowly starting to find it?

He’s a Moniak, Moniak on the field!

Wallach is a total revelation at the plate to go with solid defense behind the plate.

Definitely concerned with Trout (8-60)  and Rendon (3-36), but they still won 3 of 4 on the road against a good team.

These injuries have to stop at some point.  This is getting ridiculous!

Rendon probably back on the IL after getting hit on the wrist. Same with Urshela.

10 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Think bigger. 10 1/2 back for top seed in AL

Yeah, I don't think the Rays are going to give that up.

Although, the O's are hanging not to far back of them. We will see what kind of second half the O's will have.

On 6/15/2023 at 9:46 PM, stormngt said:

Nevin deserves a lot of credit pulling Estevez before it completely imploded.  Too often i seen managers stay with closer until the save is blown

No question, Storm. I thought that was the right move. You are right, way too often that happens. All top closers are fallible every now and then. It is incumbent upon the manager to pull the plug.