• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Team leader?

MLB has changed so much over the years, I’m no longer under an illusion I know what’s going on.  The game is much better defined by stats than the game I grew up with and that has changed the way I see it, but I feel distant from what the clubhouse must really be like.  Is there a player on the Angels that holds everyone (including himself) accountable?  Not in a visible way that I’ve noticed.  Maybe the team could benefit from some increased mixture of accountability and support, they need to do something different that’s for sure.

I think Neto is going to be that guy along with O'Hoppe once he returns and establishes himself. Neto is a redass kind of player. He will take that pitch on the elbow to get on base then steal second on the pitcher just to prove it was a mistake to put him on. He does not sit well and hates any mistake he makes and probably has little patience for those that aren't as focused. I can see the rookie speaking up mid season in the clubhouse reminding these guys nobody really likes golfing in October when there are games to win. 

Maybe it's Anthony Rendon

“We gotta do the little things,” Rendon said. “Little things add up to big things. I always tell these guys, ‘Hey, we gotta get at least, at a minimum 15 wins a month,’ You do the math… We’re gonna have a good chance at the end of the season to be in the hunt, to be able to play in October.

“We haven’t been playing the best, but we’ve hit the bare minimum. I need to push these guys a little bit more to at least get at least maybe 16 or 17 wins [a month], so just gotta keep grinding.”

3 hours ago, T.G. said:

“We haven’t been playing the best, but we’ve hit the bare minimum. I need to push these guys a little bit more to at least get at least maybe 16 or 17 wins [a month], so just gotta keep grinding.”

It would be nice if Rendon could play 16 or 17 games a month. That might help.

6 hours ago, T.G. said:

“We gotta do the little things,” Rendon said. “Little things add up to big things. I always tell these guys, ‘Hey, we gotta get at least, at a minimum 15 wins a month,’ You do the math… We’re gonna have a good chance at the end of the season to be in the hunt, to be able to play in October.

Team leaders don't lose their cool when someone calls them a mean name.

27 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Team leaders don't lose their cool when someone calls them a mean name.

"I hope that all of us, or none of us are judged by the actions of our weakest moments but rather by the strength we show when or if we are given a second chance."

TED LASSO

7 minutes ago, T.G. said:

"I hope that all of us, or none of us are judged by the actions of our weakest moments but rather by the strength we show when or if we are given a second chance."

TED LASSO

True, and team captain Isaac lost his cool going after that fan who made the homophobic slur.

Rendon lost his cool because his own ego was shattered. So perhaps we shouldn't judge his whole life on it, but it doesn't mean he should be team leader.

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Rendon lost his cool because his own ego was shattered

You can't honestly say you know that for sure.

I expected a response like this for you... .it's cancel culture mentality.  Quick to judge.  One day, you'll likely be on the receiving end of that and we'll see how you like it.

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So perhaps we shouldn't judge his whole life on it, but it doesn't mean he should be team leader.

It doesn't mean he shouldn't be either.  AND... Thankfully, you don't get to decide that. 

3 minutes ago, T.G. said:

You can't honestly say you know that for sure.

I expected a response like this for you... .it's cancel culture mentality.  Quick to judge.  One day, you'll likely be on the receiving end of that and we'll see how you like it.

How am I cancelling Rendon? I'm just saying I don't think he's the best candidate for team leader.