• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where have you gone Mickey Moniak?

2 minutes ago, stormngt said:

He should be in there today

Other than if he has an injury that we're not aware of, there's absolutely no logical reason Ward should be playing over Moniak today. I could see if Ward had a history of raking on Javier, but I think he's 0-11 now in his career against him.

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Moniak the last 8 games he's played .233/.233/.533/.767    

Ward the last 10 games he's played .286/.324/.514/.839

Ward the last 6 games he's played .381/.435/.714/1.149

Do you want your guy or the better player on the field?

I want guys in there who give the team a better chance to win. This team had a better chance of getting an early lead, and a chance at winning today, if Moniak was leading off. Ward will probably get some meaningless hit now that the game is completely out of reach and they're throwing him fastballs down the middle. As much as Jeff Mathis drove me f'n crazy with his ineptitude at the plate, they had a better chance to win when he was in the game. That's why Scioscia penciled him in there as much as he did. This team completely lacks a winning attitude on the field. They have for many years now. 

46 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I want Brett Philips, halos missing his chemistry in dugout.

37 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

I want guys in there who give the team a better chance to win. This team had a better chance of getting an early lead, and a chance at winning today, if Moniak was leading off. Ward will probably get some meaningless hit now that the game is completely out of reach and they're throwing him fastballs down the middle. As much as Jeff Mathis drove me f'n crazy with his ineptitude at the plate, they had a better chance to win when he was in the game. That's why Scioscia penciled him in there as much as he did. This team completely lacks a winning attitude on the field. They have for many years now. 

Maybe you missed Moniak's OBP driven entirely by his hits and he hasn't been hitting. 

Ward has been hot of late so why sit that guy for the rookie that can't get on base, and even dumber, putting him as leadoff? 

Nothing you are posting is making any sense.

56 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I’m still kissed off he struck out with the bars loaded. 

18 hours ago, Blarg said:

Sorry but i dont use 8 game and 6 game comparisons on who should play. That small sample size is idiotic!

13 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

We only have small sample sizes for Moniak

The whole thing is a small sample size!  Thats my point.

Personally i think Moniak should be playing more against right handed pitchers.  Even with his drop in production his ops was still solid.

26 minutes ago, stormngt said:

The whole thing is a small sample size!  Thats my point.

Personally i think Moniak should be playing more against right handed pitchers.  Even with his drop in production his ops was still solid.

I'm not saying either one is right or wrong, only that Ward has a longer and better track record and Moniak, while Mickey has looked good, hasn't really done anything to make you think he'll stick in the majors.

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

For reference.  Fangraphs projects Ward to hit to a 114 wRC+ the rest of the season while the projection for Moniak is 84.

This is what the larger sample sizes are saying.

Isn't fangraphs the website that has predicted the Angels would have a winning record the last 7 seasons in a row?

4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm not saying either one is right or wrong, only that Ward has a longer and better track record and Moniak, while Mickey has looked good, hasn't really done anything to make you think he'll stick in the majors.

You are right.  I just think it was a mistake not to bring Moniak in there for a couple of games.   He undoubtedly has cooled off by sitting the bench, and i dont think you will truly know how good he is without more playing time.

The only time i have criticized Ward playing over Moniak was yesterdsy because Ward had bad numbers against Javier.

Edited by stormngt

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

You are right.  I just think it was a mistake not to bring Moniak in there for a couple of games.   He undoubtedly has cooled off by sitting the bench, and i dont think you will truly know how good he is without more playing time.

The only time i have criticized Ward playing over Moniak was yesterdsy bevause Ward had bad numbers ahainst Javier.

I probably would’ve let Moniak play every day until he cooled off, but I don’t think you can fault them for going with Ward.

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

He cooled off. That's why Nevin went back to Ward. 

Nevin is trying to get Ward started again...it's the right thing to do.

Nevin may have also iced a hot bat before it went cold.