• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/29/23): Angels @ White Sox - Canning on the mound

mmc

2 hours ago, TurboFan said:

I am humiliated. Not because the Angels got swept by the Marlins and fell to fourth place, but because I spent over eight hours of my precious time listening to Patrick O’Neal describe the clutchless performance in excruciating detail! What a waste! In protest, I am watching this road trip with a bag over my head until 1) the Angels put the Mariners in their wake AND 2) The Angels blow somebody out with an overwhelming offensive output or incredible clutch team performance. Does anyone else feel the need to take some sort of action?

image.jpeg

No, I'm an adult.

3 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Well, Moniak looks like he’s cooled off…had to happen, I guess….but maybe not quite this quickly….

Eh, was always just a hot streak that the team rides for as long as it would last before the bottom falls out on him. He's striking out nearly 40% of the time and doesn't draw any walks. More AB's was always gonna expose that approach. His hot streak contributed to some wins this month at least

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

Eh, was always just a hot streak that the team rides for as long as it would last before the bottom falls out on him. He's striking out nearly 40% of the time and doesn't draw any walks. More AB's was always gonna expose that approach. His hot streak contributed to some wins this month at least

He has .6 WAR in 12 games but nearing time to put Ward back in.

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Yup, his pitch recognition needs to improve in order to stay long term in the majors as more than just a 4th OFer.

Just now, Revad said:

He has .6 WAR in 12 games but nearing time to put Ward back in.

Really, really bad development for the team seeing both Walsh and Ward unable to sustain their production from their breakout seasons. It's early for Walsh this year and he's coming off a big injury that needed surgery, so maybe that's the reason he was so bad last year, so fingers crossed there. Not sure what the hell has happened with Ward this year

2 minutes ago, Sho Way That Was A Strike said:

Trout and Ohtani competing to see who can leave the most men on. 

I don't know the actual number of LOB, but coming into this game, Shohei was hitting .340 with RISP. 

Trout was hitting .200.