• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mental Health struggles (Deep post).

I am wondering if anyone here has or currently struggles with their mental health. I won't go too deep into detail, but I know for myself as a late 20 something I have struggled quite a bit with depression. A lot of it correlates to being lonely, etc. Everything just feels empty as of late. It all tends to go away when I go do something with friends, family or go on a date with this girl I'm into. Or even when I'm at work. But once I get home this depressed feeling just comes back on me like a brick wall. 

It's often a feeling of helplessness if there's any way I can describe it. I do know a lot of you are older and have quite a bit more experience in life -- so naturally I would appreciate some feedback and maybe stories of your struggles if any of you have them.

If home is your place of solitude and depression it is where you need to make some changes in that environment.

Look into changing the layout or decor to promote a feeling of it being a space you look forward to being in. De-clutter, paint walls colors you like, try changing out even furniture to something you'd never think of using or at least move it around to see if it makes the rooms more interesting.

Add more lighting so there are no dark spaces for depression to nest in, like back lighting behind your couch or television. Simple lighting under cabinets in bathrooms or kitchen, even in closets when you open the door your clothes are easy to see. 

By investing some mind time into changing your living space it may change your attitude when you are in it. That could help in removing those feelings of the walls closing in at the one place you have to stay in. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

If home is your place of solitude and depression it is where you need to make some changes in that environment.

Look into changing the layout or decor to promote a feeling of it being a space you look forward to being in. De-clutter, paint walls colors you like, try changing out even furniture to something you'd never think of using or at least move it around to see if it makes the rooms more interesting.

Add more lighting so there are no dark spaces for depression to nest in, like back lighting behind your couch or television. Simple lighting under cabinets in bathrooms or kitchen, even in closets when you open the door your clothes are easy to see. 

By investing some mind time into changing your living space it may change your attitude when you are in it. That could help in removing those feelings of the walls closing in at the one place you have to stay in. 

Adding some plants can also be helpful. 
You want your home to be a place you look forward to every day. 

19 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That's a really good idea! I really do appreciate the repsonse. But one problem is I live with my older brother and it's his house. So I can't really change much. I am hoping to move out soon though and get my own place. Hopefully by the end of the year or at the start of 2024. I'm done with grad school this summer and I'm entertaining offers for salaried jobs starting this fall. So there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. However I'm not banking on that to be the end all be all.  The most I could do is change up my bedroom. Better than nothing. It's hard because I have quite a bit of bad memories associated with this place. My folks used to live down the street but they moved away. So I think in a lot of ways I have moved on mentally, but since I'm stuck here for another 4-9 months I have to deal with it. 

First off, congrats on getting through the grad program. That is a milestone achievement many never reach so pat yourself on the back. 

Lots to unpack there. Are the memories associated with the place you live in now or your parents home down the street? 

By the way, you are asking advice from people with no background I Therapy so take it with a grain of salt. 

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

First off, congrats on getting through the grad program. That is a milestone achievement many never reach so pat yourself on the back. 

Lots to unpack there. Are the memories associated with the place you live in now or your parents home down the street? 

By the way, you are asking advice from people with no background I Therapy so take it with a grain of salt. 

Thanks dawg!!! It's been rough but I will be glad to be done. It's been a struggle balancing an unpaid internship paired with a second job. 

And as for memories? Yeah both negative. I still live in the same town I grew up in and had a rather difficult time here. And having family close by helped me cope with it a bit more. I think a lot of it may be I am finally acheiving a level of independence I haven't had before so I feel it's time to move on. 

And that last sentence..I get it! 

I was totally crazy in my 20's maybe even my late 20's

In my late 30's Im a totally different person, that former guy doesnt even exist anymore in my mind

It will probably be the same in my 60s, probably same for you

my message to you angelsfan100 is that whatever problems you have now, and everything else - will pass and disintegrate into nothing 

Edited by notherhalo

8 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

my message to you angelsfan100 is that whatever you have now, and everything else - will pass and disintegrate into nothing 

Uh... that's not as inspiring as you may thought it sounded. 

On 5/24/2023 at 1:32 PM, notherhalo said:

I was totally crazy in my 20's maybe even my late 20's

In my late 30's Im a totally different person, that former guy doesnt even exist anymore in my mind

It will probably be the same in my 60s, probably same for you

my message to you angelsfan100 is that whatever problems you have now, and everything else - will pass and disintegrate into nothing