• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/3/23): Angels @ Cardinals - Ohtani on the mound

mmc

Shohei is like the small-town high school girlfriend, the one who is so hot but doesn't realize it (but is starting to, after getting tons of attention at her college visit). She is going off to college in New York City with hotter and richer guys and you're not, but instead staying back home to work at Home Depot under your dad's drinking buddy, who says you have "management potential." But she says, "we'll do a long distance relationship!" And you, gullibly--but with a deep sense of foreboding--say, "OK, honey." 

Meaning, enjoy him while we can, because once he gets a whiff of those Yankees bucks, he gone.

Edited by Angelsjunky

6 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Shohei is like the small-town high school girlfriend, the one who is so hot but doesn't realize it (but is starting to, after getting tons of attention at her college visit). She is going off to college in New York City with hotter and richer guys and you're not, but instead staying back home to work at Home Depot under your dad's drinking buddy, who says you have "management potential." But she says, "we'll do a long distance relationship!" And you, gullibly--but with a deep sense of foreboding--say, "OK, honey." 

Meaning, enjoy him while we can, because once he gets a whiff of those Yankees bucks, he gone.

damn bro, did your hot gf leave you? 

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

What's crazy as that even when he got lit in that last start, it was literally an anomaly. He went from lights out, to zero control in one inning. Hit more guys in one inning than he did all last season.

Then the next inning was lights out again.

I kind of think he's the best pitcher in baseball right now, at least 90% of the time. His dominances reminds me a bit of DeGrom for a few years....just unhittable.

13 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I honestly don't think it will be the Yankees' (or any other team's) "bucks" that will lure him away. It will be that team's success / roster / playoff pedigree that he'll want to join.

Nothing I've ever read / seen re: Sho (which is a lot) makes me think he is driven by money, or a need to be recognized as the highest-paid. He wants to:

A) win championship(s),
B) Set a new standard as the greatest baseball player ever, and
C) continue to both pitch and hit

He'll sign with whatever team that, in his mind, gives him the best chance to accomplish A, B & C. The money, media market, history/tradition... those factors are far less important to him than A,B,C.

I really hope that's the Angels, and I think if we make the playoffs this year, I like our chances. But if I'm worried about another team, I'm more worried about the Dodgers than the Yankees.