• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Royals @ Angels (4/22/23): Anderson on the mound, no Ward

Here we go again.

21 games into the season, starters have only averaged FIVE innings a start.

Same 💩pretty much every year, relievers over worked

Rotation has become a bit of a disappointment, Ohtani and Sandoval excepted.  Detmers up and down so far, Anderson and Suarez bitter disapointments

No consistency from this team for seemingly forever (at least back to 2015)

Edited by Angel Oracle

Law of averages. The worst team in the league was overdue for some unexpected magic.

Unfortunately, the Angels played like the Washington Generals allowing that magic to take place. 

Kind of like an old American Legion or beer league game. Entertaining but sloppy. It should have been closed out efficiently but Quijada blew all the good will he had built up.

Maybe they can trade for Chapman. He's lost in anonymity on their team and seems back to his old form.

Ohtani going 0/5? Don't look now, but his batting average is under .250. He's become a pure slugger at the plate, but not chipping in with much else at bat. Pitching is another universe though. 

5 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Not to pile on but the Ohtani t-shirt giveaway last night was an absolute piece of garbage. I’m not expecting Gucci level quality in a free handout but dear lord what an absolute pile of plastic shit. 

8852254D-20F1-4EF5-8225-B1BE9669A0C6.jpeg

Yeah I wouldn't wear that. Ours are way better! 

800 (8).jpg

800 (10).jpg

800 (9).jpg

800 (11).jpg

Get yours in other colors and styles here! https://tinyurl.com/44p9m6vm

53 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Not to pile on but the Ohtani t-shirt giveaway last night was an absolute piece of garbage. I’m not expecting Gucci level quality in a free handout but dear lord what an absolute pile of plastic shit. 

8852254D-20F1-4EF5-8225-B1BE9669A0C6.jpeg

Wait until you wash that piece of shit Larry.  You’ll have yourself a very crummy Ohtani Pot Holder instead of a crummy T shirt.

4 minutes ago, TroutField said:

You legitimately look for conflict…. 

what are you even arguing with me about? Lol our bullpen sucks and you’re defending the FO 

I’m not defending the front office. It’s just that if I’m critical I give a good example and not one where you wish we had a player that wouldn’t help our current bullpen because he has a shoulder injury. I don’t look for conflict but I do appreciate common sense which is probably why I take issue with your nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I’m not defending the front office. It’s just that if I’m critical I give a good example and not one where you wish we had a player that wouldn’t help our current bullpen because he has a shoulder injury. I don’t look for conflict but I do appreciate common sense which is probably why I take issue with your nonsense. 

The angels didn’t know he had a bad shoulder when they traded him so your argument doesn’t have any merit. 

next

4 minutes ago, TroutField said:

The angels didn’t know he had a bad shoulder when they traded him so your argument doesn’t have any merit. 

next

Well his velocity was down 2 MPH the early part of last year. And again I’m not defending the organization I’m defending common sense which you seem to be ignoring. 

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well his velocity was down 2 MPH the early part of last year. And again I’m not defending the organization I’m defending common sense which you seem to be ignoring. 

Always result to personal insults in a baseball conversation lol 

why does trading a closer not making sense in a season we planned on competing not equal common sense. 

Make it make sense…

14 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Always result to personal insults in a baseball conversation lol 

why does trading a closer not making sense in a season we planned on competing not equal common sense. 

Make it make sense…

What I meant was you were ignoring my point about defending common sense not you were ignoring common sense. 

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

Because you can’t trade injured players and if the angels knew he was injured and didn’t disclose that info they would be in some trouble 

How do you know they didn’t disclose it? Maybe they felt his shoulder was a potential problem, or maybe they needed to improve the team by using the $$ for depth—or both..

I’m just saying, you’re making claims based on conjecture and emotion—which is understandable; but you can at least own up to being wrong: that’s the reason people call you out.

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/raisel-iglesias-will-throw-live-bp-on-monday/1165724?amp=1

would be nice to be getting a boost like this for the bullpen in a couple weeks. 
Atlanta plans on him closing for them. 

If he were still on the Angels, I guarantee that you and I would be frustrated with him.

Do you also wish we should have kept Duffy?

3 hours ago, failos said:

How do you know they didn’t disclose it? Maybe they felt his shoulder was a potential problem, or maybe they needed to improve the team by using the $$ for depth—or both..

I’m just saying, you’re making claims based on conjecture and emotion—which is understandable; but you can at least own up to being wrong: that’s the reason people call you out.

You’re making claims based on nothing… literally making shit up out of thing air. so… 

where was I wrong? For wishing we had Iglesias as an option in the bullpen when he comes back? You guys have no argument and just because 3 of the same people that always jump into the argument are against me doesn’t mean I’m wrong. Not to mention it’s the 3 posters with the same old tired “im a better fan than you because I think I know better” rhetoric 

we have 7 losses on the bullpen so far and we have nothing but minor league prospects with 0 major league experience as our bullpen depth.  How would getting our closer back in a couple weeks to supplement the weak bullpen not be a good thing? 

so strange