• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023-2024 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I don’t see any scenario in which Fantilli isn’t a Duck

Rumor mill is going crazy.  Then again, it just might be reporters trying to stir the pot.  But their 'sources' say it's 50/50 on who they pick.  Regardless of what they say, I can't see anyone but Fantilli also.  For instance, when one reporter says it's uncertain who the Ducks woud take with the #2 pick, ranging from Fantilli to Carlsson to even Mitchkov.  Then the next paragraph is if Fantilli were available to the Blue Jackets, they would run to the podium to draft him.  It's probably going to be Fantilli to the Ducks.  

the only way Fantilli won't be a Duck is if he has expressly said to the Ducks that he doesn't want to play for them.  And with the young lineup that they have up and coming, I can't see him saying that.  Maybe if the coyotes had the #2 pick he might say something.

Ducks schedule is out. It looks pretty good. 26/41 games on Fri/Sat/Sun and another 2 or 3 on Thursday. Once again they have a homestand over Christmas (Longest homestand of the season). After Thanksgiving game is against the Kings - that should be interesting/wild.

Preseason is kind of a dud. But, who cares. One interesting thing, they play L A in San Diego (also in Anaheim). I think it's reciprocal (Ontario/L A). If the Ducks had a sense of humor they would have played Arizona in San Diego.

Going on Athletics, who should go in the first round.  Ethan Gauthier #29 (Consolodated Rankings), Etienne Morin #49, Carson Rehkopf #57, or Andrew Cristall #20.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/599319/ethan-gauthier

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/599308/etienne-morin

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/603591/andrew-cristall

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/603556/carson-rehkopf

26 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Cristall looks good.  I like how every shot in the highlight is elevated.  And he does it forehand or backhand.  

A good replacement for 2 or 3 of our forwards who can only elevate it to the center of the goalies chest.

I have to look up how tall he is to know if it's even a possibility.

I have a sense that it didn't come down to wanting Carlson so much as fearing that Fantilli wasn't going to become more than a Jamie Benn - good, but not good enough. Reminds me kind of what happened to Wright. The fear that he peaked early and there wasn't going to be enough more to justify the high pick.

58 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I have a sense that it didn't come down to wanting Carlson so much as fearing that Fantilli wasn't going to become more than a Jamie Benn - good, but not good enough. Reminds me kind of what happened to Wright. The fear that he peaked early and there wasn't going to be enough more to justify the high pick.

The last freshman to win the Hobie Baker was Paul Kariya. What ever happened to that guy?