• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023-2024 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

21 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Bertuzzi, Severson, Orlov projected for richest contracts among Top 50 Free Agents

@deepdrive  Would you do Scott Mayfield at 3 x $3.75?  Won't put up the offensive numbers.  But a big RD, that could probably slot in next to Fowler and play to his strengths.  

I would be okay with them bringing him or Gudas on with the numbers listed.

Lol @ Klingburg 3 x $4.6.  I would be shocked if anyone offered him that contract.

Perry  1 x 850k. If you have no aspirations of winning the SC but would like to get close, this looks like a steal. 

2 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I would be okay with them bringing him or Gudas on with the numbers listed.

Lol @ Klingburg 3 x $4.6.  I would be shocked if anyone offered him that contract.

Perry  3 x 850k. If you have no aspirations of winning the SC but would like to get close, this looks like a steal. 

Gudas would be good at the price also.  Look at those hit numbers.  

Perry at league minimum would be great on a playoff contender playing bottom line.  Hell, I think I'd take Perry on the Ducks over those we have signed for next season on the bottom line.  

50 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Gudas would be good at the price also.  Look at those hit numbers.  

Perry at league minimum would be great on a playoff contender playing bottom line.  Hell, I think I'd take Perry on the Ducks over those we have signed for next season on the bottom line.  

JvR is another guy at the numbers shown could be a steal for a fourth line guy on a playoff team if he's healthy.

Looking at the list, you could see how the Ducks in 2-3 years could combine what they have with a couple trades and some free agents to be a playoff team. It would just be a matter of being able to evaluate talent and team building at Vegas and Seattle level.

@deepdrive  Would you?  Would they?

NHL Rumors: Giordano, Doan, Demko, Swayman, and Five Buyout Candidates

3. Mikael Granlund – Pittsburgh Penguins – Two years left at $5 million per. A Granlund buyout would cost $833,333 this year and $1,833,333 for the following three seasons.

Granlund + 2023 first + 2024 second + 2025 third for Gibswim

So as much as I love Rico and hopes he signs a long term deal with us.  I think the reality is he's going to be traded.  Granlund being a lefty, could mean that McTavish can be a full time Center, Granlund being on the left and Terry being a Righty.  At 2 years, it's not a long contract, and if he does well, great.  He could be a trade candidate in year 1 or 2.  Or we could just eat the 2 years.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

@deepdrive  Would you?  Would they?

NHL Rumors: Giordano, Doan, Demko, Swayman, and Five Buyout Candidates

Granlund + 2023 first + 2024 second + 2025 third for Gibswim

So as much as I love Rico and hopes he signs a long term deal with us.  I think the reality is he's going to be traded.  Granlund being a lefty, could mean that McTavish can be a full time Center, Granlund being on the left and Terry being a Righty.  At 2 years, it's not a long contract, and if he does well, great.  He could be a trade candidate in year 1 or 2.  Or we could just eat the 2 years.  

I don't think Pittsburgh would give up that much unless we ate some of Gibson's contract. It doesn't help that Gibson asked to be traded and Pittsburgh knows he would want to play there.

But yeah, it looks like that's a better way to go than sign guys to trade them. And you're right, two years is not going to affect this team.

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

I don't think Pittsburgh would give up that much unless we ate some of Gibson's contract. It doesn't help that Gibson asked to be traded and Pittsburgh knows he would want to play there.

But yeah, it looks like that's a better way to go than sign guys to trade them. And you're right, two years is not going to affect this team.

That's why I think Garlund is added.  He's owed $5 million for 2 years.  Where Gibswim is owed $6.4 million for 4 years.  I really don't think the Ducks will do a eat Gibswim contract for a full 4 years.  Really the max the Ducks can eat without getting another team involved is $3.2 million a season.  So by eating Garlund's contract, the ducks eat more on the front 2 years, and the Penguins eat more on the back 2 years.  But IMO, the window for the Penguins are the next 2 years.  So salary relief for the 2 years with Gibswim costing a net $1.4 million might be more preferable.  

As for the return.  I'd say at least a first, and either the second or third.  Both a second and third would be preferable.  If the Penguins aren't willing to do it, then ship him to Buffalo.  Where we might be able to get a first and a good prospect or two.  

Free Agent Focus: Minnesota Wild

Matt Dumba – With the emergence of Brock Faber late in the Wild’s season and the team’s ever-present salary cap issues, it seems this Dumba’s exit from Minnesota after nearly a decade as a lineup regular will be confirmed later this summer. The soon-to-be 29-year-old blueliner is still widely respected in the Wild organization for what he brings to the table, but it would take significant creativity for the Wild to find a way to match the types of offers Dumba could receive from other clubs on the open market.

While his offensive production has declined precipitously from 2017-18’s 50-point peak, Dumba still logs top-four minutes and is a valued locker room leader. It’s true that he might have trouble earning the $6MM he earns on his current deal in today’s current cap environment, though it would be no shock to see him cross the $4MM AAV mark on a multi-year deal, which is likely to be a price too rich for the Wild to afford.

Dumba at $4+ a season wouldn't be too bad.  We really need a veteran RH defenseman.  And no, that does not mean pylon Shattenkirk.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

We's gots a coach.  @arch stanton  Any comments?

Ducks hire Greg Cronin as coach

Your defense just got exponentially better from both the blue liners and the forwards and the D men will have more freedom to jump into the play. Megna  was his captain with the Eagles before the Ducks poached him off waivers. I think you guys are going to like him a lot 

Edited by arch stanton

5 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Your defense just got exponentially better from both the blue liners and the forwards and the D men will have more freedom to jump into the play. Megna  was his captain with the Eagles before the Ducks poached him off waivers. I think you guys are going to like him a lot 

I mean, I could make the defense of the Ducks exponentially better than Eakins.  But I am liking what I'm hearing so far.  I'm glad we didn't go the recycle route, and so far he sounds perfect.  We need a bit more discipline and tough love on the team.  

This makes you wonder what next year holds for LaCombe, Helleson and Zellweger. You would think they develop at least one at the NHL level. Maybe LaCombe and Helleson (If he's going to stay), with Zellweger getting some time up.

Release the Cronin - or something like that.

4 hours ago, deepdrive said:

This makes you wonder what next year holds for LaCombe, Helleson and Zellweger. You would think they develop at least one at the NHL level. Maybe LaCombe and Helleson (If he's going to stay), with Zellweger getting some time up.

Release the Cronin - or something like that.

conan the barbarian GIF  

Snapshots: Panthers Injuries, Johansson, Dadonov

• The Anaheim Ducks attempted to acquire Evgenii Dadonov from the Vegas Golden Knights at the 2022 trade deadline but failed due to Vegas not properly handling Dadonov’s no-trade clause — which listed Anaheim as a team he could not be dealt to. The deal was nullified by the league as a result, and now the Ducks are requesting a compensatory draft pick from the league, as reported by Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman. He says the league is considering granting the Ducks’ request, which could likely see them gain an additional pick in this year’s draft, bringing their total number of picks to 10.