• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2023-2024 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

NHL Mock Draft 2023: Pronman and Wheeler predict the first two rounds

2. Anaheim Ducks (Pick by Corey Pronman): Adam Fantilli, C, University of Michigan

This is not a sure thing, and the World Championships may reshape this debate as that tournament continues to progress because Leo Carlsson is a very serious consideration, but as of today, I think Fantilli is the guy at No. 2.

33. Anaheim Ducks (Pick by Wheeler): Ethan Gauthier, RW, Sherbrooke

The Ducks have had a lot of success drafting out of the QMJHL and they go back to the well for Gauthier, a competitive and skilled winger who fits their identity.

59. Anaheim Ducks (Pick by Wheeler): Nick Lardis, LW, Hamilton

Lardis’ stock surged in the second half after an offensive explosion following a trade from Peterborough to Hamilton. The Ducks add one of the better skaters in the draft, and a player with a great finishing touch.

60. Anaheim Ducks (Pick by Pronman): Carson Bjarnason, G, Brandon

The Ducks need a goalie of the future, and Bjarnasson is in the mix to be among the very first goalies picked in the draft due to his frame and great athleticism.

BTW.  I think the Ducks pick will be Fantilli.  I should have captured the picture.  But I was on the Ducks page yesterday, and they had a picture about the future of the Ducks.  And in that picture were an artists in orange look of all those dmen where you couldn't really see their faces, and the first person in that row of players was someone wearing #19.  It just looked odd, because that was the only one you could see the number on, but that is Fantilli's jersey number.

10 hours ago, gotbeer said:

BTW.  I think the Ducks pick will be Fantilli.  I should have captured the picture.  But I was on the Ducks page yesterday, and they had a picture about the future of the Ducks.  And in that picture were an artists in orange look of all those dmen where you couldn't really see their faces, and the first person in that row of players was someone wearing #19.  It just looked odd, because that was the only one you could see the number on, but that is Fantilli's jersey number.

It looks like Fantilli. I don't see Verbeek going for Michkov - size and Russia commitment make #2 spot too dicey. Smith is a stretch at any of the first 3 spots.

It's basically only Fantilli or Carlson. Fantilli just seems to fit the kind of guys Verbeek is going for.

I wonder if Verbeek is genuine in his appraisal of Bedard. The biggest stars of the last decade are still over 6ft. - Crosby, Ovetchkin, McDavid, Matthews (?). Maybe he prefers Fantilli or Carlson. I wouldn't be surprised.

10 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Crosby is usually listed at 5’11” and Kane, who Bedard gets compared to, at 5’10”. Makar also at 5’11”. If you can put the puck in the net then you can be a DeBrinkat or Panarin and get paid. Skill and skating are winning out 

No kidding. I thought he was About 6'1". 

Yeah, the hockey game is changing.

13 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Crosby is usually listed at 5’11” and Kane, who Bedard gets compared to, at 5’10”. Makar also at 5’11”. If you can put the puck in the net then you can be a DeBrinkat or Panarin and get paid. Skill and skating are winning out 

But you look at the probably finals.  Tkachuk is just dominating at 6'2".  Mark Stone is 6'3".  Eichel is 6'2".  

When you look at Vegas' roster.  Only Marschesault at 5'9", Kessel at 5'11", and Cormier at 5'10" are listed of the 35 that Hockey Reference says are on the team.  On Florida, Benning and Lonberg 5'9", Cousins Denisinko Duclair Fitzgerald   5'11", and Heponiemi at 5'10".  The rest on the 32 are over 6'.  

I think while skill and skating is showing with smaller players, they still need the meat.  Look at Z and Drysdale as an example.  All the skill and height in the world.  But they are both still toothpicks and get manhandled.  Then you look at McTavish, and he rarely gets pushed around and can make after contact.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

But you look at the probably finals.  Tkachuk is just dominating at 6'2".  Mark Stone is 6'3".  Eichel is 6'2".  

When you look at Vegas' roster.  Only Marschesault at 5'9", Kessel at 5'11", and Cormier at 5'10" are listed of the 35 that Hockey Reference says are on the team.  On Florida, Benning and Lonberg 5'9", Cousins Denisinko Duclair Fitzgerald   5'11", and Heponiemi at 5'10".  The rest on the 32 are over 6'.  

I think while skill and skating is showing with smaller players, they still need the meat.  Look at Z and Drysdale as an example.  All the skill and height in the world.  But they are both still toothpicks and get manhandled.  Then you look at McTavish, and he rarely gets pushed around and can make after contact.

So, do you think that’s The Wild’s plan with Steel? Keep him around long enough to fill out and gain confidence/experience.

2 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Lol. Sounds like a frustrated Ducks fan.

Tell me how you think the Mahura situation will turn out.

Steel had 28 points in 65 games last season.  He sucks.  Only Minnesota and their polyana fans think he's a front line center.  Let them waste what little cap space they have on him.

Mahura was just disappointing.  He was supposed to be a high scoring Dman, and didn't turn out that way at all.  But he was probably more Eakined than anything else.  That one I was surprised that we exposed to waivers.

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Steel had 28 points in 65 games last season.  He sucks.  Only Minnesota and their polyana fans think he's a front line center.  Let them waste what little cap space they have on him.

Mahura was just disappointing.  He was supposed to be a high scoring Dman, and didn't turn out that way at all.  But he was probably more Eakined than anything else.  That one I was surprised that we exposed to waivers.

I think the big tell is how much better the Ducks would be with the guys they kicked to the curb, rather than the ones they kept. Probably best that all the personal responsible for development over the last seven or so years are gone.

Interesting rumor.  I don't think I'd trade Luneau.  We have a lot of young LHD, but very few RHD.  I'd rather trade a LHD.  Then again, I wouldn't trade Mintyokov or Zellweger.  I've liked Boeser though.  A Big RH wing would fit well with Z mainly.  Since Terry is the only other real RH threat we have.

Updated Trade Landing Spots for Vancouver Canucks Forward Brock Boeser

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Interesting rumor.  I don't think I'd trade Luneau.  We have a lot of young LHD, but very few RHD.  I'd rather trade a LHD.  Then again, I wouldn't trade Mintyokov or Zellweger.  I've liked Boeser though.  A Big RH wing would fit well with Z mainly.  Since Terry is the only other real RH threat we have.

Updated Trade Landing Spots for Vancouver Canucks Forward Brock Boeser

Something is going to happen. There is no way the Ducks go forward with all these D prospects. The Ducks window is way before the ten years it will be until they max their talents out. I can see three at the most staying.

My best guess : LaCombe, Zellweger or Drysdale, and Minty. Maybe Hinds, but where's he fit unless one of these guys is moved. At some point, Verbeek has to bring at least one, probably two, veteran D guys in.

I don't think I like this rumor.  Retread, that didn't do well in the NHL in the firstplace.

NHL Rumors: Flames, Matthews, Perry, Penguins, and the salary cap

A list of Flames potential coaches includes Mitch Love, Ryan Huska, Kirk Muller, Andrew Brunette, Gerard Gallant, Travis GreenMarc Savard, Alex Tanguay and Peter Laviolette.

Could Green end up with the Anaheim Ducks.

I would think they're still looking for a development coach, primarily. If they can find a guy who can do that and transition into a playoff coach - fine. if not, he's a place holder until the right guy comes along. This doesn't have to be Verbeek's last move. Lots of runway left in this rebuild.

20 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I would think they're still looking for a development coach, primarily. If they can find a guy who can do that and transition into a playoff coach - fine. if not, he's a place holder until the right guy comes along. This doesn't have to be Verbeek's last move. Lots of runway left in this rebuild.

Even develop wise, he didn't leave the Canucks in a good place at all.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Even develop wise, he didn't leave the Canucks in a good place at all.  

Yeah, I'm not up on all that went on there, but it was kind of a mess, wasn't it.

Well, he hasn't hired him. So, at this point it's just a meaningless rumor. Guys got to write something even when they really have nothing to write.